“Flaky and Delicious”

Judy's Gourmet Garage
Ranked #5 of 9 Shopping in Bayfield
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Heard about the bakery but was hard to find. It is at the south end of town on # 13 with a big "PIE" sign on the road. Judy was rolling out her wonderful flaky pie crust. She uses fresh seasonal fruits. We were lucky to have a blueberry and a raspberry turnover with the lightest crust ever. Melts in your mouth. Closed on Tuesdays. Worth the calories.

1  Thank Curiousgal50

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had read about Judy's pies in Travel and Leisure magazine and was so excited to find her little shop just outside of downtown Bayfield. We got 3 pies because we couldn't decide, caramel apple, strawberry-rhubarb and raspberry. They were fantastic! Especially the raspberry, there must have been a quart of fresh raspberries in it. This place is a must when in Bayfield. Cash or checks only, but she was very willing to take my out of state check.

1  Thank zaboodle
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My best friend and I were on a summer adventure near Bayfield and happened to drive by the Gourmet Garage on our way out of town. My friend had read reviews of the Gourmet Garage before our trip so when we saw the sign for pies she slammed on the brakes, turned around and went back to get a pie. We were hoping for apple but since they weren't in season we had a choice of mixed berry, strawberry rhubarb, cherry and peach raspberry. They said if we didn't like what options were available then we just had to wait 30 minutes for the next batch to come out of the oven! We decided to go with the peach raspberry and it was everything we'd hoped for and more. The crusts were flaky and the flavor was wonderful! We were so glad to have seen the sign and been able to enjoy the flavor of the area. We were there about 10 minutes total and there was non-stop traffic of people coming in to get pies. Most seemed to be locals but it clearly is a very popular place so I think we were lucky to have the selection of pies that we did!

2  Thank Starnutzer
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We went to Apple Fest and could NOT find a simple stand that sold homemade baked goods! We looked and looked! On our way out of town we noticed the sign to Judy's Gourmet Garage that said "PIES" and "bakery," so we stopped to load up.
I bought a cranberry -apple crisp for my Grandparents and 3 apple dumplings.
Needless to say, those apple dumplings were the BEST I ever had!
My Grandma called me special to tell me that the apple crisp was DELICIOUS and she and Gramps LOVED IT! Absolutely loved it!
I would strongly recommend the GOURMET GARAGE! Really easy to find---right in-between Washburn and Bayfield on the main drag.
Thanks Judy!
Erin Houser, Eau Claire, WI

1  Thank Erin O
See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I spent the weekend in Bayfield for our 37th Anniversary. I read the reviews of Judy's Gourmet Garage so I wanted to stop in and try some pastries. We were SO glad that we did! The first time we went, we bought some totally yummy fresh apple cider cake doughnuts and some great cookies. The morning we left town we stopped by again and bought two turnovers (flaky and delicious!) and a fresh baked blackberry/peach pie to take home with us. We would have bought more doughnuts, but they were already sold out. The pie is wonderful!! Delicious crust and fabulous fruit filling. Everything that these ladies make is obviously homemade. Don't believe the reviewer below who says otherwise. If you want to insure that there is a pie left for you, order one a day ahead and pick it up the next day. They go fast.

1  Thank JoycebWI

Been to Judy's Gourmet Garage? Share your experiences!