“Beautiful cabin in the woods”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of Cabin in Fall Front Deck in Fall
Front Deck in Fall
Lots of Good Books to Read - Board Games to Play
Living Room
Living Room - New Neo 1.6 Wood Stove
Relax on the chaise lounger in front of the new wood stove
Bed Overlooks Nature - Control Lights With Remote
Toaster oven / Regular Coffee Maker
Keurig Coffee Maker
Chaise Lounger in Living room
Shower in Bathroom
Honeywell Color Thermostat (Gives Outside Temp and Humidity Too!)
Enjoy the cozy living room with great sound system
Snowmobile trail to Lake Superior across the street
Cozy!
Views of nature and winter wonderland from every window!
Pull Out Trash Bin Under Granite Island
View out Kitchen Window - January 8 2014
View out Kitchen Window Jan 6 2014
Cabin Driveway - January 2014
Cabin in Winter
Up-lights in winter with holiday rail lights
Backyard - Jan 2014
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 35 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Gail O
“Beautiful cabin in the woods”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in June 2018

My boyfriend and I visited Bayfield and stayed in Rick's cabin. It was about 10 minutes from the town center, but just a few minutes from the place where we were renting kayaks. The cabin was beautiful and tastefully designed. We received lots of details and instructions in advance from Rick, and he doesn't miss a thing. It also had all the amenities needed to relax and enjoy ourselves, including cooking great meals. My favorite part was the deck in the woods out back. We ate meals there every day and it felt like we were in the middle of the woods even though we were just steps away from the kitchen and grill. Perfect for a couple, though probably a little small for any more than that. We loved it and will definitely stay there again anytime we visit Bayfield. Great couples getaway!

James Z
“Isolated, Cozy Cabin in the Woods”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

My wife and I really enjoyed our visit to Hauser's Bayfield Cabin. The wraparound porch was great, as was the deck out back. Inside it was cozy and comfortable. The massage feature on the bed was very useful after a day of biking/hiking/kayaking! Speaking of which, the cabin is close to Little Sand Bay and Meyers Beach (sea caves), which are not to be missed! It's close to Red Cliff and Bayfield, and not far from Cornucopia. A great location!

LTTT_11
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Winter get away”
Reviewed February 21, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Very nice cabin in the woods. Loved the peace and quiet. Short distance from Bayfield. Also was able to take a day trip from the cabin to Duluth, Minnesota. Nice quiet roads to walk the dog on.

cstartz66
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“It's just ok.”
Reviewed October 26, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

My new Bride and I stayed here for a short honeymoon over a long weekend. The owner does a nice job of marketing this place. You'll see it mentioned often in Bayfield vacation sites. The interior is nicely appointed.. recently updated...very comfortable. The pictures you see are an accurate description. The exterior? Looks like a scene from American Pickers. Junk and garbage surround the home. Complete with a rain soaked torn bag of garbage in the driveway next to the door with the obligatory Tampax lying nearby. Lake access? None. Get in your car and start driving. If your just going to stay in the cabin and remember to cover your eyes as you walk to your car..it's just an ok place. When we return to Bayfield? We will find somewhere else. 2.5 Stars.

Oct 31, 2017
These guests stayed in May 2017 so they letting me know their concerns via their review here - 6 months later. They had my e-mail and phone number as well as my cleaning lady - and I always tell people if there are any concerns to contact us and we will fix whatever they want fixed. I never stated that the cabin has lake access.

On the contrary - in my e-mail to them – I wrote quite clearly "Please do not go across the street to view the lake as that is private property. (the lake is view-able from cabin from Nov through April each year) Little Sand Bay beach is just a few miles away. Meyers Beach trail is a fun hike to look down and see a sea cave."

In May, there were flowers in pots on the wrap around deck (which is every side of the cabin other than the back) Nothing else. Sorry they think flowers are unsightly. I have a riding lawn mower and regular mower and snow blower under a tarp in back and there is firewood under a brown tarp at the back of the driveway since a garage would be unsightly and take away from the views of the trees and the open feel. The tarps match the color of the cabin (earth tone) and not many people explore my mowers the back side of the cabin anyway (especially on a honeymoon) and you don't really notice the tarp from the master bedroom window - just a beautiful forest of trees and the back deck. There is no way my cleaning lady would leave a bag of garbage outside. Every cabin guest is instructed to take their garbage with them when they leave. The only thing I can possibly think of is that the prior guest hid their garbage in a container to the rear of the cabin (which they are not supposed to do) and then a raccoon overturned it. My cleaning lady wouldn't normally look in there - since it is always empty. She would certainly have seen a bag of garbage in the driveway. I strive to ensure that every guest has a fantastic experience at the cabin and I make sure that any guest requests are quickly fulfilled. These people even received a surprise bottle of champagne from me - to make their stay extra special (and chocolates) - so I am sorry that they were disappointed. The cabin has hosted many honeymooners and everyone has really enjoyed their experience based on many positive 5 start reviews and many super positive guest book entries. I do everything possible to make every stay perfect for people. It has been ranked by many publications (unsolicited) as one of the most romantic lodging establishments in Wisconsin. I didn't realize I was a good marketer because I don't actively market the property other than to be mentioned on a few web sites. People stay due to word of mouth or articles written about how nice it is (without my solicitation). Perhaps a Ritz Carleton would have been better for them.
Natediz H
“Perfect Place in the Woods”
Reviewed August 21, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My wife and I spent 4 days at this gem in the woods. We were able to bring our golden retriever with us and just had a very relaxing time. The house was well above my expectations with the updates Rick has done to it and we really enjoyed the house sound system hooked up to the Sirius/Pandora as background noise. The house is about 15 minutes out of town, but that didn't seem to bother us at all as at the end of a long day of hiking or exploring it was nice to be out in the woods with no other distractions. Would definitely recommend a couple looking for a nice week/weekend to stay here.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Nathaniel! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to having you back again soon! Consider winter - an especially romantic time for the holidays or other times with the snow covered pines in back with white holiday lights (and on front rail) and wood stove ambiance, free use of the snow shoes - and lower rates too!
Justin N
“Beautiful pet-friendly cabin in the woods..”
Reviewed May 1, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Visit from April 17th - April 19th. Had a great stay at this cabin. Interior was exactly as shown in the pictures. Everything was very clean and it was a really cozy atmosphere to spend relaxing. Several nice scenic spots within an hour or so to explore (Meyers Beach, Houghton Falls ) and Bayfield was a short drive south. Copper Falls was a little farther south by Mellen, but well worth the drive.

Rick was very good to deal with as well. He gave suggestions for sights and things to do in the area, and was painless and easy to do business with. All in all a great experience.

Thanks Rick!

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Justin! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to having you back again soon! Consider winter - an especially romantic time with the snow covered pines in back with white holiday lights (and on front rail) and wood stove ambiance, free use of the snow shoes, XC and downhill skiing nearby, snowmobile trails - and lower rates too!
Alice M
“Comfortable and cozy”
Reviewed November 6, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I stayed here with my dog for 3 nights and 2 days. There is a lot to do in the area but we stayed home, just relaxing and taking in the solitude and peace and quiet. The cabin was warm and comfortable, with comfortable furniture and everything one could ask for. The weather was perfect for walks and my dog enjoyed all the new scents and places to explore.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy, not close to other homes.
Liked least: There really wasn't anything I did not like.
Traveling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Alice! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to having you back again soon! Consider winter - an especially romantic time with the snow covered pines in back with white holiday lights (and on front rail) and wood stove ambiance, free use of the snow shoes, XC and downhill skiing nearby, snowmobile trails - and lower rates too!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing