“Best value in Bayfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seagull Bay Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Seagull Bay Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bayfield
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Best value in Bayfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I've stayed at Seagull Bay many times & it's always a great experience. As many other have said, great location, incredible views, super clean rooms and it's very reasonably priced. Mike is almost always on the property and super friendly, if you're looking for something to do or a good place to eat, he has plenty of recommendations.

The complaints about the towels are really nonsense, they' not huge, plush bath wraps, but they do the job. I did ask Mike about it and he said basically "we're not the Ritz Carlton, but we're not priced like it either" and added that if anyone had a problem w/ the towels in their room, he'd be more than happy to open up a new pack and let you have your pick.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank volkswagendriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Isanti, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

I felt like I was family. A great view of the big lake, a nice walking path, close to town, CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE!!! Affordable too. They met every need without being intrusive. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank milaca1
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

I stayed with my best friend for a long weekend. I have only good things to say about the motel. The people were very nice and helpful. The rooms were big, clean and the view was great. They have free WI-FI. There is a path that takes you right to town. It was faster then driving. Weird.... Yes stay here... I don't think they have air tho we had a fan in our room, I never asked because it wasn't hot when we were there. If you need air ask first.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kristine N
Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We were just here on Firday and it is as friendly and clean as the other reviews stated.
The view of the Lake is fabulous!!
We hight recommend staying here!!

1 Thank Gina503
Pipestone, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

Our experience at Seagull Bay was as pleasant as can be. Even our pets were welcomed and made to feel at home by proprietors and staff. What a blessing! The kitchenette was perfect for our needs and the view was spectacular! The linen and towels were clean and fresh; the accommodations were spotless -- TLC to the max! If you like REAL people with the gift of non-intrusive hospitality, you'll love Mike and Jeanne. Words cannot say how grateful we are to have found this haven on the shores of Lake Superior. We hope to return on a regular basis.

1 Thank jimmyd47
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Back in 2006 I wrote a review of this motel and decided after this recent stay (weekend before Memorial Day) I should write an updated review. But here's the catch. I've got almost nothing to update. I would write almost the same review today as I did back in 2006.

The motel STILL offers drop dead views of the lake and still has lousy threadbare towels (now after multiple visits over the past few years I bring my own!) The owners are still the same and still as friendly and helpful as the first time I stayed here. A few amenities have been added like wireless internet access and a few of the rooms have been upgraded with flatscreen TVs. Two really great aspects of the motel for which I have a new appreciation- the ENTIRE PROPERTY is smoke free (no smoking outside on decks) AND it is pet-friendly. Dogs have a great time on the ground floor- you can let them out right onto the grassy lawn (and no bright security lights, just a bit of noise from the rooms above).

No wonder that really the only thing that has changed is that more people have discovered this little gem. This is still the best option for a value priced motel with easy walking or driving access to Bayfield. Bring a book and a beverage and enjoy the views.

ST Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

Stayed at this wonderful motel the last 2 weekends. The rooms are simple but very clean. What makes this place so wonderful is the views and Mike (I believe he is the owner). Outside your room whether you are on the first level or second are chairs and tables with the most spectacular views of Lake Superior. Also in front of the property is a path that leads you to the town of Bayfield, only a 5 minute walk and going the other direction is about 2 miles of trails along the lake, beautiful. Mike who seems to always be on site is absolutly the nicest gentleman, and always willing to answer questions and make sure you are comfortable. As mentioned earlier the rooms are simple, nothing fancy but they do have a micro and refrig, they also have a couple rooms with kitchenettes. But the real draw is the view and very friendly atmosphere with a great mix of clients. You will enjoy this true beauty!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayfield
BEST WESTERN The Hotel Chequamegon
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#1 of 15 in Bayfield

Been to Seagull Bay Motel? Share your experiences!