“Sail Away”

Animaashi Sailing Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Captained full-day, half-day & evening sailboat rides among Lake Superior's beautiful Apostle Islands aboard our comfortable and roomy 34' sloop "Sarah's Joy". Enjoy hands-on or full relaxation sailing with our experienced & friendly captain (and former Coast Guardsman). Don't miss the boat!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sail Away”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I have been sailing with Captn Paul since 2001, he was recommended to us by an artist that I met at the Uptown Art Show in Minneapolis. If your looking to sail in the Apostles and want a enjoyable trip sail with Paul. He's the BEST!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A Must Do Excursion When Visiting the Apostle Islands”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I visited the Apostle Islands during Labor Day weekend this past year. We had originally planned on going on the Apostle Islands boat cruise, but then decided we wanted something closer to the water and more private. We called only 1 day before we wanted to go sailing, and Captain Paul was able to accomodate us. While it does cost more than the other big boat cruise ($70 versus $40) we ended up being the only couple on the boat that afternoon (up to 6 people can go on the boat with Paul), and it presented the perfect oppurtunity for my boyfriend to propose because Paul let us have some alone time on the front of the sailboat. Even though it wasn't all that windy on that afternoon, Paul still took over to Madeline Island and some of the cliffs along the mainland. I would highly reccommend this excursion for anyone that enjoys seeing an area from the water. Paul was a great Captain, and very accomodating! It is definitely worth the extra money over the big boat cruise.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Jamie H
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Evening Sail on Lake Superior”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I were planning a vacation to Bayfield and we wanted to go sailing. I read the first and, at that time, only TripAdvisor review for Animaashi Sailing. It was a positive review, so I called Captain Paul Bratti. Our experience was excellent, Captain Paul couldn't have been a more genuine, quality person and we had absolutely complete confidence in his sailing ability. The actual sail was very accurately described in the July 16, 2011 review by JERNIKD.

Bottom Line: We really enjoyed the 2 hour evening sailing cruise on Captain Paul's boat Sarah's Joy. We will definitely schedule another sailing trip with Captain Paul the next time we visit Bayfield and we would highly recommend the Animaashi Sailing Company to others.

1 Thank KevinSTL
Wausau, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent sailing adventure”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I recently visited Bayfield for the first time and wanted to experience sailing. I couldn't find many reviews regarding the different sailing companies on Trip Advisor, so I did some research of the websites and found Animaashi. We called Captain Paul to book an evening sail. Paul is an excellent captain. He explains things well and was very professional. Throughout the tour, he explained what he was doing with the yacht, different tips and facts about the area and let us steer the yacht a few times. He definitely makes you feel comfortable and provides some alone time for you to relax on the bow of the sailboat. I would recommend this sailing company to anyone.

4 Thank JDevlee
Fenton, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Animaashi Sailing Company”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

For many years, we have had the good fortune to vacation at Lake Superior, near Bayfield, Wisconsin. A few years ago, we looked into a personal sailing trip on the lake and found Animaashi Sailing Company in Bayfield.

We just took our third trip with Captain Paul Bratti, on Sarah's Joy last week. We had another wonderful time. Captain Paul is a retired from the U.S. Coast Guard and provides a very comfortable and knowledgeable sailing experience. You can take an all-day or half-day sail, as well as a two hour evening cruise. You can also bring your own food and beverages to enjoy while sailing beautiful Lake Superior.

We can highly recommend Animaashi Sailing and Captain Bratti. You will enjoy your time aboard "Sarah's Joy"

Here is his website: www.animaashi.com

5 Thank cdld91