“Delicious”

Dining options: Breakfast
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband & I shared two items, the Queen's Benedict and the cream cheese loaded french toast. Both were very good, The hollandaise sauce was amazing! This would be my "go to" breakfast place if I lived nearby, and I would try everything.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“overcooked”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Food was overcooked. Ad states they serve the best eggs benny....it is not. My poached egg was over hard, the homemade hollandaise sauce was so thick it was like frosting and tasted too much like lemon....my husbands omlet was great but hashbrowns on both our orders were so overdone it was like eating shredded potato chips. Waitress was friendly.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Samantha F
Little Chute, Wisconsin
“EGGcellent breakfast!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate breakfast here on our last day in Bayfield. This was on my list of Bayfield restaurants at which I just had to eat. I'm so glad we stopped! We got there relatively early, and sat ourselves right away. I ordered the granola pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and coffee. It was delicious! Hubby ordered the lake Benedict (smoked lake trout, tomato, onion, & spinach eggs Benedict), toss potatoes, and coffee. He ordered the half portion, but said he wished he ordered the full. He loved it! Coffee and meals were fresh, hot, and delicious!

• Visited July 2013
Minnesota
“Cute cafe style restaurant”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love the Egg Toss. It has an atmosphere that speaks local clientele, but also touristy as well. Every time we have been there, the same woman is behind the cash register...when I go to a Perkins, as one recent reviewer mentioned, I NEVER recognize anyone (could be because I rarely go there, but still, we do not visit Bayfield that often, either).

In fact, the food cannot possibly be compared to the aforementioned restaurant. Give me a break. Hollandaise out of a can or bag such as they use at chain restaurants is full of preservatives, fillers, etc. The Egg Toss makes their own sauce, enough said, if you frequent Perkins you shouldn't even write reviews.

In any case, the food is good and we always enjoy starting our day in Bayfield there.

1 Thank MariaMag
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrific Place!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Best breakfast biscuit I've ever had. The Trout Benedict was outstanding, the hash browns are better than traditional restaurant hash browns; the tossed potatoes were ok.

We loved it and were back the next day.

Minor complaint: For a place that specializes in breakfast only, they should brew a fuller, richer cup of coffee. They should enter into an arrangement with Big City Coffee a couple of blocks away!