“EGGcellent breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate breakfast here on our last day in Bayfield. This was on my list of Bayfield restaurants at which I just had to eat. I'm so glad we stopped! We got there relatively early, and sat ourselves right away. I ordered the granola pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and coffee. It was delicious! Hubby ordered the lake Benedict (smoked lake trout, tomato, onion, & spinach eggs Benedict), toss potatoes, and coffee. He ordered the half portion, but said he wished he ordered the full. He loved it! Coffee and meals were fresh, hot, and delicious!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love the Egg Toss. It has an atmosphere that speaks local clientele, but also touristy as well. Every time we have been there, the same woman is behind the cash register...when I go to a Perkins, as one recent reviewer mentioned, I NEVER recognize anyone (could be because I rarely go there, but still, we do not visit Bayfield that often, either).

In fact, the food cannot possibly be compared to the aforementioned restaurant. Give me a break. Hollandaise out of a can or bag such as they use at chain restaurants is full of preservatives, fillers, etc. The Egg Toss makes their own sauce, enough said, if you frequent Perkins you shouldn't even write reviews.

In any case, the food is good and we always enjoy starting our day in Bayfield there.

1  Thank MariaMag
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Best breakfast biscuit I've ever had. The Trout Benedict was outstanding, the hash browns are better than traditional restaurant hash browns; the tossed potatoes were ok.

We loved it and were back the next day.

Minor complaint: For a place that specializes in breakfast only, they should brew a fuller, richer cup of coffee. They should enter into an arrangement with Big City Coffee a couple of blocks away!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went for Sunday breakfast and it was nothing different than what you would get anywhere else like Perkins. Had the eggs Benedict and the hollandaise sauce was really thick and overpowering with lemon. We had the toss potatoes which were weak at best. They were deep fried potato chunks and were very bland. Lots of other choices in town. They seem to be living off their reputation so probably won't be going back

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very popular breakfast/lunch place. We were lucky to arrive with an open table. Omelettes were well done as were the breakfast potatoes.

1  Thank Amy W