“Good food, service was eh.”
Review of The Egg Toss Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

The Egg Toss Bakery Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Food's very good, basic breakfast cafe but they have some twists like local trout and the best raspberry jam you've ever had.

Bout the best you're going to find in Bayfield. Owned by the same lady who owns Maggie's.

There are newer reviews for The Egg Toss Bakery Cafe

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Group of 8 stopped for breakfast and were treated to a variety of items from soup to eggs, the eggs benedict served on a crab cake were beyond belief, a definite must try Waffles were like a cloud with fresh fruit Will be back every visit

1  Thank viking226
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Lucky for us, we were not seated in the section where we had to deal much with the cranky, weathered waitress who told us where to sit. We enjoyed our meal but it would have been better if we hadn't been under her glare. The Carmel Pecan roll was delicious as were the silver dollar pancakes.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great breakfasts - eggs done to perfection, crispy and flavorful bacon and sausage, excellent 4 seed toast with local raspberry jam, and good, strong coffee. All served by efficient and friendly staff. I am still thinking of my breakfasts at the Egg Toss!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Breakfast at the Egg Toss is not to be missed if you are visiting this lovely port city on Lake Superior.

I had the fresh-baked cinnamon bread french toast called "Ecstasy French Toast", which has cream cheese in the middle of two wonderful slices of bread. Note: unless you want a LOT of cream cheese I would ask that they dial it down - otherwise there really is too much! This could only be improved by the addition of real maple syrup. I know it's expensive, but I would have paid extra! (Those cover the point I took off...)

My companion had the Crabby Benny (half an order, which sure is nice!) and half a Biscuits and Gravy. The CB is eggs benedict, except a crab cake instead of ham. The home made hollandaise sauce was a perfect consistency and delightfully lemony. The biscuit was homemade and the gravy full of great tasting sausage bits. Both were wonderfully prepared.

NOTE: they have GREAT coffee! I hate "rotgut" coffee and often just order water if I know a restaurant's coffee is bad. This coffee is great and served with half and half.

Bayfield is also a place for locally grown berries (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries), as well as apples. Though we didn't order fruit with this meal we watched others smile (and even close their eyes and nod) as they ate the ripe berries.

Sit in the "window" room, which faces the street, if you can. It's bright and cheerful with tiles of alternating orange, red, and yellow and windows all around. You can see street traffic and the delightful shop across the street. The other room is okay, as well, but just the typical "diner" type view.

You can also get baked goods to take home. We left with a loaf of what I think is egg bread and rationed it out until it was (sadly) gone.

I think the prices are in line with the food.