Pier Plaza Restaurant & Pickled Herring Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Steak sandwich ordered Medium rare. Was leathery well done and inedible. Server kindly exchanged it for a mediocre salad. Wine glass had an insect cooked in the inside. But the major issue was that they were happy to give me chili as my side with the steak salad and brought it out first (watery and under seasoned btw) but then when I sent the sandwich back they charged me for the chili !!! Cardinal sin. The server- Janine - was pleasant and clearly stuck in the middle. My in laws live in this town and we come to visit often. Will never go back to this place.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We ate both lunch and dinner here, waiting for our Apostle Island Boat Tour. Very good food and the drinks were excellent. The staff was courteous and very attentive. Well worth a visit! We sat on the deck, which I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Went here for dinner before touring the Apostle Islands. The place wasn't busy, of course, it was during the late afternoon. Was able to quickly get a table. Ordered a sandwich with three different types of pork and substituted the NC mustard barbecue for a different BBQ sauce.

The sandwich was pretty good, however, the ciabatta bread got a bit soggy, so had to eat it fast. The serving of fries was generous.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

So we've come back during Race Week. I had Sharon's Favorite again. I should try something else. It was okay. Hubby would have the fish and french fries again. Order it with fries. If you order fish and chips, it's really potato chips. Waitress only remembered the first thing you asked for. Husband asked for a glass, then we ordered. Forgot the glass. When she came back, I asked her for the glass and a glass of wine. We got the glass, no wine. With all of that, we'll try it again.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

We were able to sit outside and watch the marina while we ate. The "3 pigs" sandwich and "fish and chips" were both wonderful. Our waitress was Karen and she was attentive and friendly. I definitely recommend eating here both for the good food and the great view of the lake/marina area! You can watch the ferry and other boats coming and going.