“Great atmosphere!”

Greunke's First Street Inn & Dining
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Bayfield, Greunke's has been serving food to locals and visitors alike since 1940. Our fun, funky, and eclectic décor sparks memories for all generations and we are family friendly! Our fabulous staff makes your experience even more memorable. The menu offers a variety of burgers, sandwiches, salads, steak, pasta, and of course, FRESH fish from Lake Superior. Be sure to try the "Greunke's Original"--Whitefish Livers!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really a great atmosphere! Celebrities from the 40-70s. Memorabilia posted everywhere from Marilyn Monroe, the doors, to willie Nelson! We had white fish which was delicious! Nearby to many different types of shops! Service was quick & efficient! Place was very clean!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We would recommend both the strawberry shortcake and the blueberry pie. Not so much the pesto pasta, but the meatloaf dinner got high marks.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Greunke's is a long-time Bayfield restaurant serving excellent food in a dining area with fascinating decor -- pictures of movie stars of the past and some well-known politicians who ate there. The food is excellent and the service is amazingly good for how busy this place is.

1  Thank rschmidt46
Reviewed July 5, 2018

The Ruben was very good with the sauce automatically served on the side. The Club sandwich was delicious but could have left the fourth piece of bread off. Service was friendly and we were well attended.
There was a 50s-60s memorabilia atmosphere. I would go back and recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

4 of us dined here. First of all, what restaurant serves tortilla chips with a Reuben? You could get fries for a $2.50 up charge. My grilled chicken sandwich was ok... I paid the $3.99 extra for a salad to take the place of my tortilla chips. The hamburger was dry and probably could have gotten it at any truck stop between Milwaukee and here. My husband asked for medium and got it it well done to cardboard. The Reuben itself - soggy.... don’t think they drained the kraut .... unless they did it over the bread! The sogginess of the sandwich took away from everything....... along with the tortilla crumbs that were served with it. The whitefish entree was actually delicious but was $18.95 and did not include salad.... which actually would be fine if the description wasn’t so confusing. I don’t mind paying for good food, but this was just ok..... kinda like I made it myself......after 5 brandy old fashions. The restaurant itself was really cute and probably quite the place in its day. My recommendation- sit at the bar and have a beer, have a look around, and get dinner somewhere else.