Winfield Inn
$130
$155
$140
$95
All reviewsscreened porchfull kitchenview of the lakeresident cathide a bedbeautiful flower gardensmadeline islandyear after yeardowntown areaapostle islandsliving roomfirst floorcable tvlake superioroff seasonbrickyardcondo
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the Winfield Inn very recently and was very pleased by all the renovations. Some of the condos have brand new furniture. I went by one of the condos and it looks like it is being completely stripped of the older furniture and being replaced with new items.

I loved the condo I was in. One bedroom, full kitchen, nice living room. The TV did sit on a very old and scratched up entertainment center, but all the other furniture was great. The bed is very comfortable. I love the view of the lake and gardens from the balcony. Very peaceful and relaxing.

The only downfall I still see is that the carpeting on the back balcony REALLY needs to be replaced. All the furniture out there looks new, but the carpeting is still in bad shape.

I will definitely book here again. The staff is very helpful and gave me great directions to get downtown (some of the streets were closed down... AGAIN!). The gardens are beautiful!! If you want a quiet place to escape the crowds, stay here!

Room Tip: the end condos are much quieter than the middle ones. Stay in one of the condos, the motel rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed in condo #24. I sat on the covered porch running the back of the condos taking in the morning sun, birds chirping and the beautiful views of Lake Superior enjoying my coffee. "Life is good". Cute condo, very friendly and accommodating staff. Short walk to the downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My sister, brother-in-law, wife and I spend a couple of weekends each summer at Bayfield. The views and gardens at Winfield Inn are beautiful. Nice deck for reading, having a beer or glass of wine. Staff is courteous and helpful. Enjoyed sailboat trip and shows at Big Top Chautauqua. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable and resident cat friendly.

Room Tip: Better views of Lake Superior from upper units.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Two friends and I were able to snag the last room in the motel part in Bldg 1 of the Winfield Inn over the 1 March 2014 weekend. When we arrived (very late), the hotelier was still up and kindly helped us with check-in. He also had some great recommendations for where to go and when to check out the ice caves, which we were grateful for. The room itself was a bog-standard hotel room with two double beds, a bathroom and a balcony which overlooked Lake Superior; it actually reminded me of an AmericInn room. The decor was homey and while not luxe, it certainly felt well-cared for. Would stay again without hesitation.
Protip: there is an office kitty named Rosie; she is very sweet and her fur is bunny-soft.

Room Tip: Rooms with two double beds are on the 2nd floor have a better view (over the snow) than those with king beds on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anandamide
orchidcurran70, Owner at Winfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. The gentleman's name is Robert and he's one of the owners here at the Inn. I'll pass this on to him. We appreciate you staying with us. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed for one night at a Reitan Boatyard unit to see Apostle Island Ice Caves. The units are individually owned and rented out by Winfield. When it's not below zero, the Reitan units are walkable to everything in town. They are somewhat dated, but were in immaculate shape and a fire was already built for us on arrival. Great space for 4-5 people. Can't speak to the other properties owned/managed by WInfield, but the staff was exceptionally helpful with recommendations and directions.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple