“Beautiful”
Review of Winfield Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Winfield Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bayfield
Reviewed September 20, 2013

First time in the area and had a wonderful time. The room was mall,but it was adequate. The bed was hard but you can't have everything perfect. Picking the Winfield Inn was the best choice we made on this trip. Gardens were exquisite! We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karwow

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The view we had from our room on the ground floor was BEAUTIFUL, views of the garden overlooking Lake Superior. They have a small patio with two chairs and small table. I wish the patio was more private though, as the Lattice between patio's is not private at all. The door going to the patio certainly is a tight fit and you have to slam it. I guess all of them are like that as we sure could hear doors slamming, which can be annoying. Our room was clean, small and just one chair in it, did have a small refrigerator which was nice. At first I thought the shower didn't work, but discovered this hook like thing on the nozzle that controls the force of the water...I thought I was going to end up in the room next door, talk about force. I thought my bed was too hard and of the four pillows I had I could not find one that was comfortable at all. Flies seem to be a problem, there were a couple when we came into the room, seems we would kill one, and more would come. We have been here before and the last time they had a nice gift shop, was so disappointed the gift shop was no longer there, also the last time we were there the gardens were so pretty at night with all the various lights, but I did not see any lights on, so that was disappointing also. I love the beautiful gardens the most. Afraid if they don't trim down some of the tree's the view is going to lost.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kittycat66
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked this because of the positive reviews, but I was rather disappointed. The beds were so desperately overused, they had a big curve that was visual when you walked in and so uncomfortable. Our room needed paint touched up most everywhere, walls, door trim, doors. The staff was acceptable but nothing more. There were flies in the room when we arrived as well, how annoying. I didn't see the fly swatter on the AC unit until we left. Big foot had a room above us and I know it's not the hotels' fault but he rattled the walls all evening and during the night when he was pacing or whatever it was. Jeepers.

Room Tip: Avoid the main level when big foot could be above you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carrie S
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed one night at this lovely Inn. The views of the garden, the patio and Lake Superior were the best. Such a peaceful, pleasant and reasonably priced inn, and they accept pets! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness center, but that is fine- so many fine restaurants nearby and there are ple...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A friend and I headed to Bayfield for a 'girls' weekend' getaway and booked the Winfield Inn based on TripAdvisor reviews. To be honest, this wasn't necessarily our first choice, but it had availability, so we reserved - and we are so glad we did! This is a lovely property - friendly staff, great location, and great views. Best of all - and we didn't realize this at the time of booking, as neither one of us had ever been to Bayfield - it's just a short distance up a hill (still within walking distance) from the main village, so it is MUCH quieter.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved the view of the lake and sitting outside being surrounded by beautiful flower gardens and the sounds of fountains. Staff was nice, rooms were comfortable and clean. Very short distance to all the activity. Would stay there again for sure. One of my most pleasant stays ever. Very relaxing!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while on a long cross-country trip with our dog. We liked the idea of being near the lake, and the view of the gardens and lake beyond from our patio room was wonderful. We got take-out and ate dinner on the patio to enjoy the space. The king bed was comfy and the room was well-arranged to accommodate a fridge and small table inside the room with storage space to spare. The towels were fluffy and white. Coffee was available in the office, but the price does not include breakfast (continental or otherwise).

On the negative side, we were in room 30, and my first impression upon opening the sliding door was that the room smelled like a nursing home. Granted, this was a pet-friendly room and some odors might be expected, but we've been staying in La Quintas and Days Inns without any odor issues. I'm not sure what the problem was. I did ask that the smelly shower curtain be changed on our second day, and we simply opened the window and sliding door for fresh air, which helped with the odor. The room faces the lake, and the downside of that is that one has to carry luggage around the building and down stairs; there are no luggage carts (wouldn't work on the stairs anyways).

We loved the location (saw a bear cross the road behind the hotel!) and took full advantage of the patio and the view. Overall, however, the cost seemed a bit on the high side for the quality of the room and the lack of breakfast.

Room Tip: Beware of the rooms on the lower level facing the lake. There is some noise of feet walking on the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TracyTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayfield
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#2 of 16 in Bayfield

Been to Winfield Inn? Share your experiences!