All reviews civil war antietam battlefield general's quarters private entrance breakfast was delicious wonderful hosts harpers ferry jackson room clara barton ice cream shop b and b sitting room antietam room fresh fruit place to stay each morning a wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Jacob Rohrbach Inn. The proprietor, Chris was kind & welcoming! He gave us a tour of all the Inn offered...coffee, cookies, snacks, water, our room & how all the switches & shower operated as well as timing for breakfast. Our room was well equipped, super clean & the king bed very comfortable. The bathroom towels plush & plentiful. The best was the breakfast..freshly made fruit, juice, sausage & french toast with real maple syrup.Yum! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently spent four nights in the General's Quarters at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn and words cannot adequately describe our pleasure. Yes, the room was clean, well equipped and convenient to all our planned destinations, but Amy and Chris go far and above caring for their guests. You arrive as a guest but you leave as a part of the family. If the opportunity presents itself be sure to pay them a visit. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make. They have information to address any interest you have in the area, history, winery, dining, cidery...just ask. Additionally, the homemade breakfast provided daily, juice, fruit. pastry and a main dish , will ensure you never start your day hungry. Even if you leave before breakfast there are warm, fresh scones and fresh coffee or tea provided for the road. I only hesitate to post this review for fear they be booked when we're ready to return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Where do I start. I could write a boatload about our stay, so ill try and be concise. Great rooms in a very historic home. Spacious and homey. Comfy big beds.Best breakfast Ive had in a very long time along with some great tasting coffee. 5 star in my book. I also had the privilege to be battlefield guided by none other than the host himself, Chris. 4 hr tour filled with detailed info, terrain assessment, and great stuff attuned to the extreme civil war buff like myself. He really knows his stuff. Gave me and my wife advice on things to do besides humpin it through the battlefield. Amy's cooking, Chris's conversation, and both of their attention to detail are topnotch and I will be returning again. Go there. Its a good time with great people.

1  Thank nolby4227
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn 4 nights in the Antietam room. It was spacious, clean and charming. We had our own private balcony which overlooked the gardens and spent a lot of time there just relaxing. Chris has a great deal of knowledge about the history of the battlefield and also gave my husband a tour one day which he thoroughly enjoyed. We had wonderful breakfasts each morning made with such thought and detail. So delicious! Coffee was amazing too. Fresh cookies and brownies all day. Chris and Amy are the best. I couldn’t imagine a better B and B. Thank you so much.

1  Thank Jillmariern
Reviewed August 30, 2019

The Inn is spacious, clean, peaceful and dripping with hospitality. Chris and Amy are thoughtful hosts, and we can enthusiastically recommend the Inn. The Inn is an especially great stop for those visiting the nearby Antietam Battlefield.

Date of stay: August 2019