“An inn not to be missed!”
Review of Jacob Rohrbach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sharpsburg
Jacob Rohrbach Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Sharpsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 11, 2006

Hands down, one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed at! Not just because of the wonderfully appointed room we stayed in (General's Quarters), or the delicious breakfasts that were served each morning, or the interesting history of the inn and close proximity to interesting sights and activities.........well, that had a lot to do with it. But it was mainly the warm and inviting spirit of the inn keepers, Joanne and Paul. We felt right at home as soon as we walked in through the door. They were extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it came to finding a suitable restaurant or sorting out daily activities (renting the inn's bikes for a tour of the battlefield!). And, they really know how to make guests feel welcome at their breakfast table. We hope to return to see more of the area and visit the Jacob Rohrbach Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank schymany

Reviewed June 6, 2006

My friend and I had the good fortune to be the second guests in the "General's Quarters." It is a former Summer kitchen onto which a room recently was added. The room is spacious, well built and beautifully appointed. Very comfortable accommodations including quiet and efficient air conditioning. It has a wonderful porch where we sat and enjoyed the beautiful landscaping at the Inn and the atmosphere of Sharpsburg.
Breakfast is unmatched for variety of foods and presentation. We will certainly return to this Inn to enjoy the surroundings and hospitality of the Innkeepers. It is indeed worth the cost.
The Inn is a perfect place to stay while exploring the all of the historical aspects of Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank James T
Austintown, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2005

One of the very best B&B's we've ever stayed in. Our hostess went out of her way to provide maps and information for our bike ride on the battlefield. Breakfast was indeed elegantly presented around the dining room table of what seemed like a gathering of old friends. Clean, comfortable and cozy wrapped in rich Civil War history.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2005

I thought I had written my review right after our stay, but I can't find it, so I must not have done it. But this great B&B deserves every good comment, so here I am, late.
A lovely place for sure, lots of privacy with all the amenities you could want. But what makes it so special is Joanne, the hostess. From the moment you arrive she greets you like a friend she hasn't seen in a long while, with a warmth that is so sincere you never feel she is just doing her job.
She has a special knack for making all the guests feel like they've known each other for years. Five minutes at the breakfast table and everyone is gabbing away like friends gathered for a meal before visiting the battlefield.
She is a marvelous cook, too! Eager to answer questions, offer suggestions.
Not for a moment did we experience that awkwardness one can feel sometimes as a stranger in someone's home.
We stayed in the Clara Barton room. The next time we will book earlier and try to get a room with a larger bed.
And there will be a next time.

• Stayed: December 2004
2  Thank BJNS
Whickham, England
Reviewed July 2, 2005

As a Civil War buff, I recently undertook the trip of a lifetime from the UK to visit a number of battlefields. My wife and I spent time in a number of Inns in various locations and can commend the Jason Rohrbach without hesitation. We experienced a lovely warm welcome from the host, Joanne, who could not have been more helpful about the area and its attractions. We spent the night in the Antietam Room, which was very comfortable, and enjoyed an excellent, beautifully prepared breakfast in the morning.
We will be heading back to this gem just as soon as I can persuade my wife to return to the Civil War trail!

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Christiana, PA
Reviewed April 22, 2005

I just returned from and overnight stay at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn. My friend and I had wonderful cozy accomadations and a excellent breakfast. The innkeepers do indeed treat you like family. I would reccomend this B&B to anyone staying in the area

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2005

Terrific place to stay, especially for the Civil War buff. I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it immensely. Joanne's breakfasts are terrific -- I had to push myself away from the table for fear of not being able to get up if I ate much more. My room, the Clara Barton Room, was just right for me. My wife lets me take one Civil War trip a year, so it's perfect for the single traveler. If you are in to the Civil War, be sure to talk with Joanne and Paul. They have a great knowledge of the area and its history. I plan to stay there again....and again.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank K1571CFjohnb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharpsburg
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
#1 of 2 in Shepherdstown
Antietam Overlook Farm
Antietam Overlook Farm
#1 of 3 in Keedysville

Been to Jacob Rohrbach Inn? Share your experiences!