“Wonderful Inn and Owners”
Review of Jacob Rohrbach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sharpsburg
Jacob Rohrbach Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Sharpsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh,PA
“Wonderful Inn and Owners”
Reviewed May 9, 2008

If you are going to Antietam and are looking for a B & B that is warm, friendly and just all around great Jacob Rohrbach Inn is the place to stay. You are about two miles from Antietam Battlefield and Visitors Center. While you're here ask the owner, Joanne, for her map to surrounding Harpers Ferry and Shepardstown. The drive is absolutely beautiful and these two small towns are delightful!
The Inn owners are so nice you'll feel like family. The rooms are super clean and beautiful. Joannes' breakfast is not to be missed! I was full until dinner.
The owners are extremely knowledgeable about the area. They have owned the inn for ten years. Joanne knows everything about the area and its attractions.
When you stay @ Jacob Rohrbach tell Joanne I said 'Hi' !

• Liked — Very friendly owners that knew alot about the areas history.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Minnesota
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Our stay at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn was perfect from start to finish. The online booking was quickly confirmed by an email and then a postcard. The website pictures and details are totally accurate. Joanne and Paul were completely friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was divine - we requested an egg dish and received it. We had a delicious egg bake, a variety of fresh fruits and homemade breads and berry spreads, crisp bacon, flavorful strong coffee, a variety of juices. We stayed in the summer kitchen cottage. We loved the private atmosphere of the cottage; the front porch was much used. The cottage was very comfortable for four of us (though the sleeper sofa isn't great - but no sleeper sofas are!). The decor is lovely - all the modern conveniences but done with a period touch. We appreciated all the CW books and movies as well as the Fawlty Towers option! The grounds are lovely and we enjoyed touring the lovely garden. A handy book is provided that tells you all your eating options in Sharpsburg and nearby Shepherdstown, WV. I hope to return to Sharpsburg soon as I'm a CW buff, and I will definitely stay at the Rohrbach Inn. Everything was perfect. Joanne even lent us wine glasses and a corkscrew as we wished to enjoy a bottle of wine on the porch before dinner.

Stayed April 2008
3 Thank 18shiloh65
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I stayed at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn on a recent business trip with a couple of my colleagues. It is situated on the main street of the historic town of Sharpsburg. After driving all day, we arrived at the Inn, where we were welcomed in the driveway by JoAnn, and immediately given a tour of the Inn, and our rooms. It was still light out, and we were able to enjoy the beautiful gardens in back of the house, and the porch just off our room. JoAnn gave us some dinner recommendations, and we had a lovely meal at a restaurant just down the street. I was sharing a room with a colleague, and while we were out, JoAnn came in and made the room ready for sleeping. The rooms had all the amenities of home, plus information and books about the area. There was even a TV, and audio system, and if we had more time to watch it - even a DVD about Antietam, etc. Of special note were the bedsheets. They had to be of the highest thread count available - butter soft, and so comfortable. The morning was beautiful, and again we enjoyed the porch and the garden. At breakfast we found we were the only guests not affiliated with a civil war re-enactment. It was very fun to be having breakfast with people in late nineteenth century dress! The food was wonderful, delicious and plentiful - even featuring an apple cobbler made from the neighbor's tree. Every detail was completely thought out, and I only wish I could have lingered at the Inn a little longer. I hope I can return to the Jacob Rohrbach Inn soon!

• Liked — attention to detail but not frilly like many B& Bs
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Lyndonville
Reviewed October 1, 2007

As returning guests at Joanne & Pauls lovely Inn, I would like to add my comments regarding our stay at their beautiful home.
Attention to details in the home, surrounding yards, and of course in the fabulous breakfast is what entices us back time and again.
The sumptious sleeping accomodations are exquisite. Special details such as fine embroidered linens and comfy down quilts just allows for one to relax and recouperate from the day to day stress of the normal week.
We thank you once again for a GREAT respite from the crazy work world.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank LisaDouglas
Mays Landing
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I will never stay at the Rohrbach Inn ever again. For the past three years, during anniversary weekend / Heritage Day I’ve stayed at the Rohrbach Inn. While in Sharpsburg I do a first person impression of a Civil War soldier which includes not only wearing a uniform and accoutrements, but also artificial hair or dye as well. This weekend, while wiping excess water soluble dye from around my hairline I stained one of their towels. Many hours later, when I returned to my room, I noticed half of my pillows had been removed. On the bed was a written note from Joanne telling me to wash my hair before I go to bed because the hair dye might ruin their pillow cases. She laid the stained towel on my pillow case as a reminder. I immediately took the towel into the bathroom, and washed it with hot water, soap and shampoo. With the exception of a few specks I was able to remove the entire stain. When I checked out the following morning I apologized for staining their towel. Joanne told me that she bleached it and couldn’t get the stain out. She gave me my receipt which I didn’t look at until I got home. To my surprise I was charged $10.00 for the towel in question, which was already torn, and could easily be replaced for a buck at a dollar store. They’ve lost my business for good.

• Disliked — Attitude and narrow parking area
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
6 Thank AntietamCollector
pbreiten, Owner at Jacob Rohrbach Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2007
Yes, we charged him $10 for the towel he ruined with hair dye. This was a minimal and legitimate charge considering the towel was part of a four part embroidered set which we cannot use anymore. The towel was not damaged before he ruined it. Had he brought it to our attention it may have been saved, but he did not, leaving us to find it hours later with set stains. We used his $10 to have the towel professionally cleaned and now after 3 washings there is still discoloration.
Asheville NC
Reviewed August 4, 2007

I read the TripAdvisor reviews for this veyr pleasant B&B and doubted that any place could merit all the praise. To any other skeptics out there: Believe the reviews. They give a very good assessment of this charming place.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank NemoNoman22
Maryland
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast. We stayed in the beautiful Thomas Jackson room and it was a lot larger than the pictures on the innkeepers website. A private entrance with patio allowed us to sit and enjoy the quiet surroundings. The innkeepers were the sweetest and couldn't have been more accomodating. The breakfasts were very good (I think I need to learn how to cook all over again!) We enjoyed Antietem, nearby towns, and antiquing.
We hope to return again as there is so much to do in the area and it felt almost like home at the inn!

• Liked — comfort
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1962Maryland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharpsburg
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 21 in Hagerstown
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry

Been to Jacob Rohrbach Inn? Share your experiences!