“So good we ate there twice!”
Review of FATZ

FATZ
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Greeneville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“So good we ate there twice!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went on recommendation of hotel receptionist who said it was her favourite place to eat. We had a twenty minute wait for a table but I never mind this as a busy restaurant is usually a good one. It could do with an indoor bar/waiting area though as it was a bit chilly outside.

Once seated we were amazed at the welcome we received. As first time customers we were treated like royalty - free samples of chicken to start with followed by rolls and pumpkin butter before we had even looked at the menu! The food was delicious and not hugely expensive. My steak and ribs was just perfect. I don't know whether all first timers are treated like this or it was because we were English but, while we were eating, the manager, Frank, came for a chat and he is very funny.
After the main course we were offered a free peach cobbler but were too full to take advantage of it.

We enjoyed it so much that we returned the following night and Frank came and sat with us again. The food and service were just as good and, because we hadn't had our peach cobbler the night before we were given a huge portion of it for free.

We will definitely look out for this chain of restaurants next time we are in the South East USA

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CMOTD

Pickerington, Ohio
“Good food and walking distance to Hampton Inn where we stayed!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice variety of food to choose from. Healthy and gluten free options. My husband and I were pleased with food and service!

Visited March 2013
“Good food, short walk from the hotel.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Fatz is always a solid choice for good food, quick service and cold beverages. To make it even better its only a short walk from several hotels. I always drop in when I am in town.

Maynardville, TN
“EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My friend and I loved this restaurant. It was the first time we had ever been to a FATZ restaurant. I wish we had one in Knoxville!

Visited February 2013
Afton, TN
“Fatz food always quality and wait staff great, too.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We are locals and visit Fatz several times a year. Food is always great, prices are moderate to any chain such as Applebees's or O'Charley's. Of course, we wish they were a little lower priced but everything is well worth your dining experience. We have never had a bad meal, rolls are wonderful, too.
The only thing I did not like, is a few times we had been escorted to the bar area for our meal...I do not prefer the bar area. When I am dining, I want a nice environment and cozy dining. I did write to the manager and she said she would inform her staff to not immediately escort folks to the bar area but perhaps ask first. That went well for awhile, until we returned several times later and a host tried to escort us to the bar area and I firmly said no, I prefer another area of the restaurant. No problem, I was escorted to regular dining. Fatz is probably the best dining experience in Greeneville, you will not be disappointed...lunch or dinner will be a great meal.:)
p.s. We have a vegetarian in the family...Fatz has a separate menu for vegetarians....no other restaurant has a vegetarian menu (In Greeneville) trust me on this, we have visited them all.

• Visited January 2013