“Excellent People”

Hampton Inn Greeneville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Greeneville
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I showed up in Greenville at 11am for a 2pm funeral but without a reservation. I was greeted by Nichole at the front desk who was friendly and professional before I even opened up and explained why I needed an early check in. Not only did she set me up with a king bed with early check in, she even hunted down a copy of the local obit for me when I discovered the current edition didn't include it. Then she helped me figure out the travel time to the funeral home; supplied me with hair spray I forgot to pack. This was above and beyond excellent service this was a thoughtful caring person who took great pride in her company. The room was clean fresh and very comfortable. My review would end there but the next morning as I was struggling to start another difficult day at the breakfast bar, Ms. Nichole's voice came from the front desk, "good morning mrs Sanford how were the services?". She showed her professionalism and her thoughtfulness without intruding and I will never stay anywhere but Hampton Inn in Greeneville.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I checked in this past week into the Hampton in Greeneville. I always stay at Hilton properties and this is the first time I have ever had to check out of a property or write a bad review. The smell in my room was so horrible (smelled like an old nursing home smell is the only way I could describe it.) I literally became sick from the smell. I asked the girl (who refused to give her name) at the front desk if I could be moved. She said they only had a smoking room available. I asked if the rate would be adjusted because I had paid for an upgraded (kitchenette) room and I couldn't stand that room so just put me in a regular rate room. She said they were all the same price which was not true because when on I went on the hilton site at the time of booking a regular room showed as being $88 and the "upgraded" but stinky room was $124. If I were going to change rooms why should I still pay the higher rate? She rolled her eyes and smirked and said shook her head saying they were all the same price and there was never a rate of $88. I had a copy of everything showing different so I knew I wasn't wrong about this. The toilet didn't flush in my room, there were hairs in the sink and tub upon check-in and no toilet paper on the roll. The rude girl at the desk (in the morning that refused her name) still just rolled her eyes at me about any complaint I had and wouldn't even give me the manager's name.

Anyway, I found the General Morgan Inn in town. For the very same rate I was paying at this dump I got a BEAUTIFUL hotel with a VERY clean room with the most comfortable bed I ever slept in. They have a restaurant there with AMAZING food. I don't know why anyone would stay at the Hampton for the money they want with a full service luxury hotel in town charging the same rate. Also, I had just left the Doubletree in Johnson City and was on the executive floor paying the same rate. Believe me, this place is no Doubletree or General Morgan Inn. I've never been treated so poorly at a Hilton property that I would rather just pack my bags and leave. Oh, and btw, when I opened my luggage and my computer bag at my work location that AWFUL smell came rolling out of my things. It stayed on my clothes and my car still smelled like it for the next day.

Room Tip: General Morgan Inn is the best hotel hands down in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Susan D
ecutshall, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greeneville, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the freshness of your guest room. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations. I have reviewed your feedback with the housekeeping team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I fully agree that this was unacceptable and I want to personally apologize for the experience. Guest Satisfaction is our number one priority and this is not how to go about it. I am glad you had an enjoyable rest of your trip and hope that you will give us another chance the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved the salt water pool! Everyone was very nice & the hotel was very clean.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Juppee
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This Hampton Inn is located just to the east of Greeneville, TN. It is a well maintained, clean and properly staffed facility that is a good choice for anyone. They have the usual amenities and are well located for restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank raberdon
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The staff here will do their best to make your visit pleasant and take care of whatever you need. The Hampton has great beds and the wireless works! The business computer is ok. The workout room had basic equipment. Donut shop, gas station, convenience store next door and fatz restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank abercrombie
Reviewed April 30, 2012

As we wound down our tour through Kentucky by stopping at Andrew Johnson National Historic Site in nearby Greeneville, TN, we relished staying at a truly nice hotel, this one! After suffering plenty of mediocrity elsewhere, we found a genuinely friendly staff, warm cookies, a fresh, fragrant room, an HDTV, working WI-FI, a nicely equipped bath and a pleasant, thoughtfully managed breakfast area. How nice to have freshly cooked oatmeal with toppings instead of packets of instant oatmeal sawdust that's mostly sugar!

We grabbed dinner at the Applebee's across the street. Not bad. The menu has improved.

Room Tip: Go for a non-smoking queen on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NCLoggerheads
ecutshall, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greeneville, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Greeneville, TN in September 2011. The staff was very polite. Rooms were spacious and beds were very comfortable. Great value! We had dinner at Fatz located next door to the hotel. The next morning we walked to Dunkin Donuts for coffee. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank YBS46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greeneville
0 mi away
Andrew Johnson Inn
Andrew Johnson Inn
#6 of 8 in Greeneville
DoubleTree by Hilton Johnson City

Been to Hampton Inn Greeneville? Share your experiences!