“BED BUGS other wise nice!!!!”
Review of Ramada Del Rio

Ramada Del Rio
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Ramada inn in Del rio for four nights... My parents stayed as well right above us...as we were staying my daughter saw a big on her bed...told her to kill it as you would in Texas...A saw the bug and thought it was a Beatle of some sort...we leave and head home and two weeks later both my mothers and my house has BED BUGS in bedrooms...we both live in different town.. The bug we told my daughter to kill was the same bug...She took a photo of it!!! We paid $850 to have our house exterminated!!! Orkin said that we most likely got them from the hotel!!! I hope they take care of this...nice hotel other way!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kristieaw
Kim S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Ms Kristieaw:

It is with great concern that I am responding to your recent comment on tripadvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies in this matter. I wish you would have reported it to us at the time so we could have a professional exterminator address the situation.
Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. We value all of of guest opinions.

Kind Regards, Kim Sadwick

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carlos R
Reviewed August 5, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Kim S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed for almost two weeks. Everyone made me feel like I was home. If ever I needed anything 5 people would jump up to help. I would definatly stay at this Hotel again. Also, I will make sure that everyone knows about the beautidul hotel this is. The few downsides: was that the construction crew, whom is working on location, left their tools laying around. I had to walk around them to get to breakfast in the main building, My room smelled very musty and had to open the window and air out for a few hours, one of my lamps would not work, my tv remote was broke and had taped it together, my alarm clock was broken, had to move coffee maker to a different outlet bc the outlet behind refrigerator would not work, my computer chair was broken and hard to use. My experience with the business center: this room smelled horrible (almost like mold), the computers are very outdated and very slow, there was no printer paper for the printer. I brought my own laptop but needed to print one page and I could not. The new work out center looks great. Im sad that I was not able to use it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello Melissa R,
Thank you very much for the review you took the time to post. I am very glad our staff made you feel at home. We know being away from home for long periods of time can be hard so making Ramada your home away from home is something we try to do. I would like to apologize for the issues you came across while you were our guest. I was able to locate the room you where in and made sure all the proper departments were notified and handled those issues. Thank you for making us aware of the situations. I hope you will be able to return soon and see the completed renovation! We are very pleased with the outcome! Until then, have a wonderful day!

Sincerly, Kim Shadwick
Senior guest representative

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I arrived very late, after midnight, after driving in from San Antonio and Austin, and I was greeted by a very professional, friendly, and upbeat Night Accounting Manager, Anthony. His warm demeanor and positive attitude helped me through a very difficult time. I highly recommend this Ramada in Del Rio, as the Amenities are Fabulous, the Pool is Gorgeous, the Staff is warm, friendly, and efficient, The Food is fantastic, and the Lenovo computers and HP Printers in the adjoining office suite absolutely rocks! I am planning a return trip asap to throw a Big Fiesta Party by the Pool to kick off the new School year in Del Rio! I hope the Lehman Lobos Mariachis will play for us, if they can squeeze in another "Gig," not Gigabyte, but Musical Booking to play for us! What a wonderful Hotel! :-) Don't forget to check out the gym, private hot tub, and sauna. ;-) They are Heavenly, too.

Room Tip: If you are a computer geek and technology lover, like I am, ask for a room with a Lenovo computer an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Kim S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hello Deb H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Ramada Del Rio on Trip Advisor. We are grateful to have had you as our guest and are very pleased to learn that Anthony and the rest of our staff went far and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our resturant, Malinda and all our new and exciting amenities!
Our goal is to always ensure that our guests get the best service and accommodations possible. We certainly cant wait to be able to provide excellent service to you again when you travel back to our hotel. Untill then, have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Kind Reguards, Kim Shadwick
Senior Guest Service Representative

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Couldn't have asked for friendlier staff. The Full Breakfast Buffet was fabulous; Menudo, Barbacoa, Omelets and oh so much more. They are remodeling but that was NO problem. We had a GREAT experience overall. But, next time I'll pay closer attention to ensure we have a smoke free room. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter. Be sure to ask for NON-SMOKING.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bkp53elgin
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our full breakfast buffet during your stay with us. It is one of our services that we pride ourselves on. I must agree, I myslef enjoy it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to announce that our renovations are complete! We are very thrilled with the outcome and hope that you can plan a trip soon so you can see all the beautiful assets that have been added to our property. Have a wonderful day!!

Sincerly, Kim Shadwick
Senior Guest Service Representative

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Got in late, room was flooded by the a/c unit--which they knew because there was a drip pan under the unit. The tub faucet was running and wouldn't shut off. When I tried to call the front desk, they wouldn't answer when I pushed the call button. When I called on my iPhone, they finally answered. They told me I had to come down to the office to get another room. They were very flippant and made me bring my three children with me. By the time we got in our new room, it was past 1:00am. The following morning the ongoing construction at the motel woke us up before 7:00am. This hotel had the highest rating of all the hotels in Del Rio, but I would've rather stayed in the Motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kim S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Crista,
On behalf of Ramada Del Rio, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We greatly appreciate your honesty on TripAdvisor. We have addressed the situations you encountered to all of the proper departments. Valued guests like yourself are very important to us. I do hope that you will give us another chance. We are currently putting the finishing touches on our renovation and I am sure you and your family would enjoy all the new things Ramada has to offer. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any assistance with future reservations. Sincerly, Kim Shadwick