“Older but Still the Best”
Review of Ramada Del Rio

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I have traveled to Del Rio may times over the years. We have traveled there for family visits, weddings and gatherings. My wife and my Mother are very hard to please but yet this Hotel happens to be approved by these two women.
It is convenient, at a good price, it has a restaurant that provides breakfast, lunch and dinner also at a very good price. The quality of the food is always good. There is a bar/lounge so that you can go and enjoy a drink at the end of the day and not have to leave and go elsewhere. It has a well kept pool and workout area. The Staff is always very helpful.
We have looked at other hotels but they lack the restaurant and the bar/lounge. Even people that aren't staying at the hotel stop in at the bar. What does that tell you.
I can't complain much about this Hotel, it is the only one we stay at when we visit.
By the way, I was born in Del Rio it is my home town but I live in Dallas, Texas so we have a lot to compare to.
It is an older property but they are always making renovations to upgrade and maintain the property.
When you go, do not judge so harsh, every hotel has their every day issues, as long as the management does everything they can to rectify the problem then there is no problem. But we have never had a problem on our visits
We were just in Oahu Hawaii and had a slight glitch with our room but it was resolved.
So enjoy your stay at the Ramada Inn In Del Rio, Texas

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Ramada-DRT, Front Office Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Hello joneva875,

I want to thank you for the kind review and words you said about our hotel, lounge, restaurant facilities and staff. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. I'll be sure to share it with our staff.

We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.

830.775.1511
becky@ramadainndelrio.com

There are newer reviews for Ramada Del Rio

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My recent stay was by far the best work/vacation stay ever!! Starting with the bar I went to try and enjoy a cocktail but could not get service. The next morning before work I had breakfast at the summerfield restaurant and everyone in there seemed zoned out till my server Bree she was lovely young lady with a big personality and a big smile!! I never had to ask for anything she just seemed to know what I wanted. With great service like that I just had to come back for dinner and I was right Daniel was my server and he did a great job!! Good Job SUMMERFIELD!!! I will certainly be back for thirds!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Bcollins75,
I want to thank you for the kind words you said about our restaurant and waitstaff. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. I'll be sure to share it with Bree and Daniel as well as the rest of our staff. In regards to the lack of service in the lounge I do apologize for this and hope that during your next stay you will allow us to correct this. Again, I do apologize for this and your comments will be shared with our food and beverage director.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Respectfully,
becky@ramadainndelrio.com
830.775.1511

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a nice place to stay in Del Rio. The room is spacious, and there are exterior entrances that made it convenient to transfer luggage and medical equipment. The beds are comfortable. The toilet/tub area was small, but the shower was wonderful...powerful and hot. We had a good dinner at the restaurant and the breakfast buffet was excellent. The wait staff was friendy and helpful. This is an excellent value for the money. My only criticism is that the bathroom could have used brighter lighting. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramada-DRT, Front Office Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear gypsy33117,
Thank you for your kind and generous comments and for sharing them on TripAdvisor! We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. I'll be happy to share your comments with our staff whom I'm sure will be very happy to hear them.

Again, thank you for having selected our property for your lodging needs. We are certainly happy to know that you will allow us another opportunity to be your home away from during your next trip to Del Rio

If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at 830-775-1511 or via email at : becky@ramadainndelrio.com

Again, thank you for sharing your kind comments on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was my second stay at the Ramada Del Rio and I was happy to be back. The Hotel is just a 5 to 7 min ride away from the airport and has comfortable rooms and a bar to wind off in the evenings. There is also a small swimming pool which can be good place to cool off during the summer months. The breakfast is the best part with Jose (and sometimes some other guys) making fresh ommlettes as per your wishes (of ingredients that you want in them). The location of the Hotel is also well suited for going for a short shopping trip to the 24 hour WalMart or the other stores which are close by (Ross For Less / Marshalls etc). Overall, a great place to spend a few days in Del Rio.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the Business wing at the back of the Hotel. Avoid the rooms around the swimmin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-DRT, Front Office Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear AshishS

Thank you for being our guest! We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Ramada in Del Rio, Texas.

We understand that you have a choice and we appreciate that you selected our hotel for your lodging needs.

We are committed to providing the very best quality and customer service. Your goodwill means everything to us! My staff’s goal is to make this your home away from home and the place you want to stay every time you visit Del Rio.

Again, we thank you for choosing Ramada Del Rio. Our entire team is committed to creating caring experiences - every person, every time. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. Room was nice and clean, furniture good, air conditioning great. Waiters at the bar and restaurant are friendly and serviceful. The breakfast buffet needed more options. I definitely recommend, and will stay there in my next visit to Del Rio, Tx.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear XFisher,

Thank you for the kind words you said about our rooms, restaurant, lounge and staff. Your opinion and thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your comments by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. I will gladly share your comments with our staff.

We are grateful for your business and certainly hope to be of service to you whenever you're in the Del Rio area again.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I travel to Del Rio twice a year for my job and every time to the Ramada. Been doing so for several years. Great staff, very nice accomidations and amminities. A new pool area is in the
plans for the summer of 2012. The restaurant is very good as is the bar. A trip to or through Del Rio should include the Ramada Inn.

Room Tip: every room has it's own AC, Ramada is part of the Wyndham Rewards Program
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear SanAntonioSATex,
I want to thank you for the kind words you said about our facility. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. I'll be sure to share it with our staff.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My lifelong best friend and I met up in Del Rio recently for a girl's weekend. As I almost always do, I chose the Ramada. We got a great room by the pool, which we enjoyed for a few hours one of the days we were there. The only issue I had was our upstairs neighbor drumming, stomping.. not sure what they were doing, but at 2am it was sorta rude. After awhile I yelled "Cut it out" and it stopped. I realize this isn't the hotel's fault, but I'm not sure I've been able to hear people in rooms above me so clearly before. I'll just request a room with an empty one above me when I can. Every employee we had contact with was great as usual, and a complimentary beer in the bar was a nice way to end a long day of driving. Note to whever makes the coffee choice for the rooms... CHANGE it please.. That is without a doubt the worst coffee I've ever had... it had a bite like acid that was very unpleasant. The little annoyances are just that, little. I always get a great night's sleep here. Thanks Ramada :))

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Evilsuzy,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for the very kind comments. Your comments will definitely be shared with our staff. As always, it is a pleasure to have you as our valued guest and we are grateful for your continued patronage.

Guest Services Director

#2 of 3 in Ciudad Acuna
Whispering Palms Inn
Whispering Palms Inn
#1 of 11 in Del Rio

Been to Ramada Del Rio? Share your experiences!