“Great waitress!”

Ramada Del Rio
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
“Great waitress!”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I recently stayed at Ramada Del Rio and I just have to say I have never had the service I had!! I went for breakfast lunch and dinner and all 3 times my server was Sabrina! she was fantastic!!! i guess she was working all day but the 3 times she waited on me it was just as the first time! memorable! i just wanna say GOOD JOB SABRINA!!

• Stayed October 2011
Hipolitodelrio, Front Office Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear thomasallens, my name is Becky Wilson, Customer Service Manager, and I would like to thank you for your kind and generous comments. I am pleased to hear that our staff was readily accommodating and that we met your needs. I will certainly share your kind words with Sabrina and her immediate supervisor. We certainly hope to be of service to you again soon. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at 830-775-1511 or email at becky@ramadainndelrio.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2011

These were our 5th and 6th visits here and, again, a very nice stay. We find this Ramada very consistent in its service and amenities.
We use the Ramada Del Rio as a stopover on our way to and from West Texas when on motorcycle trips. We specifically ask for a room on the South Side of the property as you can park your bike right outside the room and walk your stuff inside. They always accommodate us.
Excellent buffet breakfasts, good sports/music bar (not too loud either!) and welcoming and efficient staff. On our way back, we tried the Sunday buffet this stopover (Turkey and all the fixin's!) and it was tremendous value and the food was excellent. We cannot speak too highly of the Ramada Del Rio, its service and the staff.

Room Tip: Motorcyclists ask for rooms on South Side (114 and up!).
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil C
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Philbytx:
Thank you for your review and continued patronage. We value each and every guest whether it is their 1st visit or 55th. I'm glad you tried our Sunday Brunch, like you I love the fresh Turkey and dressing plus all the salads, dessert and more.

I miss my days of motorcycle touring on my Bonneville Triumph and I always enjoy visiting with our "biker" guests about the pleasures of riding down the highways. On your next visit maybe we can share a coffee or "adult beverage" and talk bikes.

You commented you have stayed at our hotel several times and we THANK YOU very much!

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This Ramada is showing it's age, the rooms are in need of upgrades and the bathrooms are sometimes unappealing. The rates are reasonable, but leave you a little dissappointed when you get to your room. The beds are very comfortable resulting in a good nights sleep. The internet service has improved lately, previously it could drop off during use. The resturant in the hotel serves a good breakfast and there is a bar in the hotel where you can enjoy drinks with your friends. They have remodeled the entry and front desk area, so the first impressions are good. The staff are nice people and try to make your stay a good one. You can get some mixed results on your room stays if you are repeat visitor.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites they are newer and offer much better accommodations, but it will cost you more th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank orccim
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Orccim:
Thank you taking your time to add a comment regarding our hotel. We are always happy to hear directly from our guests and your comments are shared with Management & Owners to improve our hotel and services.

Our suites are the finest accomodations of our hotel and our Pool Courtyard rooms do offer a quiet and enjoyable setting as you mention.

We will look forward to serving you in the future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stay here eveytime (4 times so far) I transit the area and I enjoy it everytime. It's a real surprise (good kind) to find a place like this on the road. I think I actually prefer this little chain hotel to some of the fancy big name Hotels in big cities. It's much different "inside" (especially the pool area) than you would think from the outside. They have a lively bar scene (non smoking thank you!) with cute little waitresses, a good restaurant with good selections, good food, reasonable prices, and they give each guest 2 chits for drinks when you arrive, and free (cooked from scratch- your choice)breakfast in the morning. I like the free ice cream dispensor with ALL the toppings to make the sundae of your choice in the restaurant by the cash register. Obviously they have room service as I see the cuties regularly delivering food and drinks to rooms and the pool area, which I honestly prefer much better than Vegas. This place has SHADE, tables with chairs, etc. Just a very nice ambience.
The Annex out back has the nicest rooms. I'm reluctant to mention them as I'm afraid the next time I come they'll be taken. Interesting mix of clientale from businessmen, REAL cowboy ranchers, locals, tourists, and workers. Two thumbs up from me!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Pilothouse King:
Thank you for the very kind comments and compliments regarding our hotel. You are not the first to comment on our "OASIS" courtyard setting. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our little OASIS in our semi-desert country in SW Texas.

The ANNEX you refer to is our "BUSINESS CLASS WING" and is very comfortable as you mention and are in high demand with our guests. So happy that you enjoyed your visits with us and we will look forward to serving you in the future.

Rankin, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed there on August 13, and we had a nice room by the pool. It looks like a tropical wonderland, and the pool was a great way to end a really hot Del Rio day. We enjoyed a complimentary drink, and complimentary breakfast the next morning. Although the restaurant is nice, I wasn't really impressed with the buffet selections. Having an onion allergy, I couldn't eat many of the items. The beds were awesomely comfortable for a great night's rest. We will be staying there again tomorrow, and have reserved a whirlpool suite. This will probably be our place of choice when visiting our parents in Del Rio. Thanks Ramada!

Room Tip: The thermostat was a little difficult to figure out at first, because there were no markings on one...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed our "Nice Oasis". We are always excited to hear from our guests and how they enjoy our courtyards.

We'll look forward to serving you in the future.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 22, 2011

You know this could be a great place, but clean it. Install new carpet,and fix the bathrooms. I stayed in room 256. Is it haunted?! My desk made noises all night. As if it was trying to keep me awake. Did something happen there in the past. It was a scary placy

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory stay that you recently experienced with us. I have taken your commments to my housekeeping and maintenance managers to correct the items you discussed.

As for the haunted desk, I can only say that I have been with the hotel for over 12 years and I am not aware of any unusual circumstances that may have happened in that room during that time frame, but I will certainly research this. You are the first to make a reference to this though we will definitely research it.

Travelers are raving about these Del Rio hotels

Grabs, Switzerland
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Cant speak highly enough about this Ramada, everything about is was faultless. From the greeting to the goodbye. A superb bar, good food in the restaurant, high standard rooms and good location.
Here is a spooky thing, I was greeted by a charming lady at reception called Kim (My sisters name) and I noticed the General Manager is called Garry ( My name and spelling!).
Stay at the Ramada in Del Rio. You really cant go wrong.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Buellrider:
I thank you for your comments on how much your enjoyed our hotel. It is always our intention to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed your needs and expectations. I took the liberty to view your profile and we, as double "R"s, have virtually identical profiles as I too love a great motorcycle and know what a Buell is and the great reputation they commnad. (I'm an old Triumph-Bonneville & Trident rider and miss those days)

Though you experienced a "spooky thing" regarding Kim (and thank you for referring to her as charming, she is an asset to our operation) and me we would look forward to having you as our guest on any future travels to West Texas. On your next visit I would enjoy sharing a beverage of your choice to welcome you back to our hotel.

I will share your comments with my staff as they are the ones that make everything happen.