“Nice Oasis”
Review of Ramada Del Rio

Ramada Del Rio
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed there on August 13, and we had a nice room by the pool. It looks like a tropical wonderland, and the pool was a great way to end a really hot Del Rio day. We enjoyed a complimentary drink, and complimentary breakfast the next morning. Although the restaurant is nice, I wasn't really impressed with the buffet selections. Having an onion allergy, I couldn't eat many of the items. The beds were awesomely comfortable for a great night's rest. We will be staying there again tomorrow, and have reserved a whirlpool suite. This will probably be our place of choice when visiting our parents in Del Rio. Thanks Ramada!

Room Tip: The thermostat was a little difficult to figure out at first, because there were no markings on one...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed our "Nice Oasis". We are always excited to hear from our guests and how they enjoy our courtyards.

We'll look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

You know this could be a great place, but clean it. Install new carpet,and fix the bathrooms. I stayed in room 256. Is it haunted?! My desk made noises all night. As if it was trying to keep me awake. Did something happen there in the past. It was a scary placy

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory stay that you recently experienced with us. I have taken your commments to my housekeeping and maintenance managers to correct the items you discussed.

As for the haunted desk, I can only say that I have been with the hotel for over 12 years and I am not aware of any unusual circumstances that may have happened in that room during that time frame, but I will certainly research this. You are the first to make a reference to this though we will definitely research it.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

You can tell this hotel is older and has been remodeled but it was truly a pleasant surprise. The hotel is built with a courtyard in the center. In the courtyard is the pool, hot tub, sitting area, and beautiful palm trees. You definitely want an interior room so you can fully enjoy this area. The bar area is just off the courtyard and drinks were very reasonable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a good price and good food. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Thank you for your very complimentary review and I am most pleased that you enjoyed our little "oasis in the dessert" aka: our courtyard. It does offer a wonderful place to relax and enjoy drinks with friends.

It is always a pleasure to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with my staff as they are the ones that made your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

WE stayed in two places: business room and regular one. Business room was quieter, but regular ones have awesome view on the pool with great landscaping work! Service managers, maids, restaurant service were excellent. I read about previous nice treats for customers from reviews, but it was a surprise when we personally got free drink at one nice evening event. 2 Pools, 3 saunas, 2 fitness centers help to feel personal privacy without crowd. Restaurant's food were simple, but delicious. One little disturbance: I saw a dog peening on a great palm tree, therefore i have the small advice: please get special place for a pets walk, it will be convenient for customers who are not pet's friendly)))) Sincerely, German lady

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Dear inna65- aka German Lady:

Thank you for your comments on how much your enjoyed our hotel. It is always our intention to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed your needs and expectations. We do try to offer the best facility and services offering comfort and convenience to our guests.

As you mention, our Business Class rooms are very quiet and enjoyable and your mention of our Poolside/Court yard rooms offering an unexpected beauty of our "oasis" in our semi-dessert landscape of Del Rio. We have many local families that enjoy a weekend mini-vacation to enjoy the pools & relaxing setting of our courtyard.

As Del Rio's only pet-friendly hotel, we do accept pets and encourage our pet-friends to use the jogging/fitness grassy area to exercise their pets for just the reason you mention. My apologies for this pet's owner not being more considerate of others and not utilizing this designated area to exercise and relieve their pet.

I am glad you enjoyed your surprise free drink...we are thankful for our guest as we know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we try to show our appreciation. Should you return to visit us, may I suggest that you enjoy your cocktail on the pool veranda/patio one evening...many enjoy this soothing setting to relax after a day of travel.

I thank you for taking your time to offer your review of our hotel.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 26, 2011

We have been driving by here for years. In 2011 we stopped in at Ramada Inn, Del Rio and were very impressed. On a three week driving trip this hotel was in the top 3 for qaulity and value. It is more like a resort than a hotel, due to all of the amenities such as onsite bar and restaurant, two pools and spas, a running track etc!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear xyz246:
I thank you for your comments on how much your enjoyed our hotel. It is always our intention to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed your needs and expectations. We do try to offer the best selection of amenities and a setting that is intended to be a pleasant surprise offering comfort and convenience to our guests.

On your next visit I would enjoy sharing a beverage of your choice to welcome you back to our hotel.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and their staff has always been very professional. Nice to have an onsite bar and the food is ok. Free breakfast buffet is wonderful. Internet service is good and the rooms are clean. Never had problems with security, and the vehicle I drive for work would definitly be a target...this is a border town though, stay towards the front or south side where there is more traffic (foot and vehicular).

• Stayed: February 2011
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear Txtraveler33:
I thank you for your comments and I will share this with our staff.
On your next visit I would enjoy sharing a beverage of your choice to welcome you back to our hotel and thank you in person.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. This is the first time I stayed at the Ramada at del Rio. I got one of the older rooms, but remodeled, facing the main center pool. The room was in good shape, big flat screen TV, and above all, great beds!!...The manager and staff were always friendly and willing to serve and assist. I used their business center to search the internet and print some documents. This hotel has different room types and prices, with interior hallway rooms and the the older type design with rooms facing an exterior hallway. The pool looks great and well maintained. The most I enjoyed was the morning breakfast buffet, with the friendly Jose cooking fresh omelets or breakfast burritos. The fruit was fresh, especially the freshly squeezed orange juice. The lounge is pretty nice and good ambiance to have a beer or a drink at the end of a long work day.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Tommy_Ramada, Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Thank you for your very kind comments and for sharing them on TripAdvisor! Our goal is to always meet and exceed our valued guests expectations and we are pleased to hear that we did that for you as a first time guest. Valued guests like yourself are very important to us and are what make all the difference. Thank you for selecting our Ramada in Del Rio for your lodging needs and we hope to be of service to you again soon.

Tommy Zapata