“Highly recommend this wonderful hotel!!!”
Review of Ramada Del Rio

Ramada Del Rio
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Reviewed March 28, 2011

WE stayed in two places: business room and regular one. Business room was quieter, but regular ones have awesome view on the pool with great landscaping work! Service managers, maids, restaurant service were excellent. I read about previous nice treats for customers from reviews, but it was a surprise when we personally got free drink at one nice evening event. 2 Pools, 3 saunas, 2 fitness centers help to feel personal privacy without crowd. Restaurant's food were simple, but delicious. One little disturbance: I saw a dog peening on a great palm tree, therefore i have the small advice: please get special place for a pets walk, it will be convenient for customers who are not pet's friendly)))) Sincerely, German lady

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Dear inna65- aka German Lady:

Thank you for your comments on how much your enjoyed our hotel. It is always our intention to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed your needs and expectations. We do try to offer the best facility and services offering comfort and convenience to our guests.

As you mention, our Business Class rooms are very quiet and enjoyable and your mention of our Poolside/Court yard rooms offering an unexpected beauty of our "oasis" in our semi-dessert landscape of Del Rio. We have many local families that enjoy a weekend mini-vacation to enjoy the pools & relaxing setting of our courtyard.

As Del Rio's only pet-friendly hotel, we do accept pets and encourage our pet-friends to use the jogging/fitness grassy area to exercise their pets for just the reason you mention. My apologies for this pet's owner not being more considerate of others and not utilizing this designated area to exercise and relieve their pet.

I am glad you enjoyed your surprise free drink...we are thankful for our guest as we know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we try to show our appreciation. Should you return to visit us, may I suggest that you enjoy your cocktail on the pool veranda/patio one evening...many enjoy this soothing setting to relax after a day of travel.

I thank you for taking your time to offer your review of our hotel.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 26, 2011

We have been driving by here for years. In 2011 we stopped in at Ramada Inn, Del Rio and were very impressed. On a three week driving trip this hotel was in the top 3 for qaulity and value. It is more like a resort than a hotel, due to all of the amenities such as onsite bar and restaurant, two pools and spas, a running track etc!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear xyz246:
I thank you for your comments on how much your enjoyed our hotel. It is always our intention to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed your needs and expectations. We do try to offer the best selection of amenities and a setting that is intended to be a pleasant surprise offering comfort and convenience to our guests.

On your next visit I would enjoy sharing a beverage of your choice to welcome you back to our hotel.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and their staff has always been very professional. Nice to have an onsite bar and the food is ok. Free breakfast buffet is wonderful. Internet service is good and the rooms are clean. Never had problems with security, and the vehicle I drive for work would definitly be a target...this is a border town though, stay towards the front or south side where there is more traffic (foot and vehicular).

• Stayed: February 2011
Ramada-DRT, General Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear Txtraveler33:
I thank you for your comments and I will share this with our staff.
On your next visit I would enjoy sharing a beverage of your choice to welcome you back to our hotel and thank you in person.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. This is the first time I stayed at the Ramada at del Rio. I got one of the older rooms, but remodeled, facing the main center pool. The room was in good shape, big flat screen TV, and above all, great beds!!...The manager and staff were always friendly and willing to serve and assist. I used their business center to search the internet and print some documents. This hotel has different room types and prices, with interior hallway rooms and the the older type design with rooms facing an exterior hallway. The pool looks great and well maintained. The most I enjoyed was the morning breakfast buffet, with the friendly Jose cooking fresh omelets or breakfast burritos. The fruit was fresh, especially the freshly squeezed orange juice. The lounge is pretty nice and good ambiance to have a beer or a drink at the end of a long work day.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Tommy_Ramada, Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Thank you for your very kind comments and for sharing them on TripAdvisor! Our goal is to always meet and exceed our valued guests expectations and we are pleased to hear that we did that for you as a first time guest. Valued guests like yourself are very important to us and are what make all the difference. Thank you for selecting our Ramada in Del Rio for your lodging needs and we hope to be of service to you again soon.

Tommy Zapata
Director of Guest Services
Ramada-Del Rio, Tx.
830-775-1511
tommy@ramadainndelrio.com

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Reviews are useless unless you know the person's experiential lifestyle.

I travel all over the world and try to stay at ***** hotels. This is not one of them...HOWEVER, it was not bad considering I was a prop plane ride from the nearest city (Houston).

Got a business suite in one of the newer buildings. Pretty quiet, Comfortable. The restaurant serves up ok food. Very few good restaurants in this town.

I need to go back in July. Will stay again at this property. They gave me a jacuzzi room.

Tales to tell. Stay tuned.

Oh....high speed internet is more like 15mph internet.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Tommy_Ramada, Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

My name is Tommy Zapata and I am the Guest Services Director at the Ramada. I would like to thank you for your frank and honest review. It is very important to us that our guests tell it like it is so that we can improve upon our services.
I agree that my response is late,but nonetheless I wanted to thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
I read that you are coming back in July. We are grateful for your return business and I will personally share your comments with our IT regarding the internet speed so that you will notice the improvement. I would also like to know what we can do to really make your stay stand out.
I can be reached at 830-775-1511 or by email at tommy@ramadainndelrio.com. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

Book room online with request to be near indoor pool. When arrived was told the indoor pool was 20 steps from our door, it was 20 yards from our door. We asked if we could move to the other building to be closer and was told we could not because we booked online. We called and asked the front desk what time the indoor pool closed, they responded "what pool?" then said 10pm, went to the pool and it said 11pm. Starting at 7am there where employees going by the door with carts that were noisy as can be. Also, don't step in the grass, it is full of dog crap and no one cleans it up.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Tommy_Ramada, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

My name is Tommy Zapata, Director of Guest Services at the Ramada in Del Rio, Texas. I would like to let you know that we appreciate your comments and regret that we fell short in meeting your expectations. Please know that we take your comments very seriously as it allows us to assess what we did wrong and how we can improve upon it. I am very sorry for what happened, but know that we are committed to making it right. We hope for another opportunity to be of service to you so that you can see the difference. I can be reached at 830-775-1511 or email at tommy@ramadainndelrio.com

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2009

They made sure my conference room was set up and the staff took care of us. A wonderful expedience we had there, great lounge to relaxes at after a long day of work, a great place to at also.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Mr. Navarro, my name is Tommy Zapata, Director of Guest Services, and I would like to thank you for your kind and generous comments. I am pleased to hear that our staff was readily accommodating and that we met your needs with your conference room back in September of 2009.
We certainly hope to be of service to you again soon. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at 830-775-1511 or email at tommy@ramadainndelrio.com.