Hampton Inn & Suites Del Rio
Studio 6 Del Rio(Del Rio)(Great Value!)
$46
Motel 6
$108
  • Pool
$73
$84
TripAdvisor
Motel 6 Del Rio(Del Rio)(Great Value!)
$35
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskawesome hotelplace to staypastryrecommend this hotelin towncomfortable bedsmovie theaterworking orderclean hotelcomplimentary breakfastnice roomthe breakfast areaa great stayking suiteyogurtbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2010

the reception worker was hospitable, the building and rooms were very tidy, and our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We were passing through Del Rio and needed a place to stay. After calling a few hotels in our AAA book and doing "drive bys" on them, we selected Hampton. It was obviously the newer of the hotels in town. It was a few dollars more, but we think it was worth it. Most of the other hotels are in the older (more run down) part of town, closer to the Border. The Hampton is on the west side of town, on the back side of the shopping mall, so it was quiet. It was a Friday night and the place was nearly empty. We learned from the desk clerk that during the week they are generally full with business travelers. The room was comfortable, clean, and nice. It did not have a microwave or mini-fridge which was a disappointment. Otherwise the room was good. The bed was also good. A bit soft for me (pillow top) but my wife loved it. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. We would stay there again. There is a decent Bar-B-Que place across the street. Also, another hotel chain is building a brand new nice looking place next door to the Hampton, so there will be competition soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn in Del Rio and were extremely impressed. We were told by a desk clerk the hotel is 2 years old, and it has been maintained very well. We were greeted very warmly by staff and and even given some travel information about Big Bend National Park, where we were headed. Freshly popped popcorn was available for free when we arrived, charmingly made and displayed in a large wheeled popcorn maker that you would find at the movies. We felt like we had checked into a well-kept , modern, family-run mom and pop motel v. a corporate chain.

We had a King suite and it was extremely spacious, with a kitchen area in the entryway. Everything was in good working order, very clean, and you can tell from the staff they take pride in what they do. The bed was extremely comfortable, and shower pressure in the bathroom was good. Even though there seemed to be a large number of young families staying at the hotel, the hallways by later in the evening were very quiet and we slept well. Wireless is only available in the lobby; I had no problems accessing it and it was very fast. There was a business center with free access to a computer if you didn’t bring your own. The hotel is situated extremely well – just off Highway 90, within walking distance or a 2-minute drive of a well-stocked 24-hour Super Walmart and a Rudy’s BBQ restaurant.

We weren’t expecting much for breakfast the next morning, but were pleased and surprised to find a very tasty morning meal. There was a very large selection of breakfast items – bagels, toast, breakfast potatoes, Denver omelets ( even though premade and in a warmer, they were cooked perfectly) yogurts, cereals, and fresh fruit, and make-your-own waffles. The Danish offered were the only so-so items in the buffet, but again, we were overall astounded by the quality and quantity for a two-star hotel. The breakfast attendant was pleasant and made sure things were tidy and items replenished.

The only negatives I want to mention are: It would be nice to have Wifi in the rooms – not sure why it wasn’t when the hotel is only 2 years old. However, the lobby is pleasantly decorated and has comfortable seating if you need to go online. Also, there is only one laundry room at the end of one of two hallways on the second floor . Our accommodation was on the first floor and as far away as one could possibly be from it, so doing our laundry quite the workout. It would be nice to have a laundry room available on the first floor and more central for easy access from both hallways.

We would definitely stay at the Hampton Inn Del Rio again and I would really rate this hotel a 3-star for the amenities offered and fantastic service. Overall, a real winner.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I stayed at this jotel with my family, as I was going in to check in the automatic door which should have a sensor actiated and working slammed into my left shoulder so hard that it disloged the door from its track. The sensor failed to actuate therfore injuring my left shoulder. Tha manager said it is slow and wwe cant do anything about it. I will mention that I was completely dissatisfied with my stay and they did comp me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I was travelling with my SO who was in Del Rio/Ciudad Acuna on business. Del Rio as a whole was larger and nicer than I expected.

The Hampton Inn exceeded our expectations in just about every way. Lobby and great room extremely attractive and comfortable, with huge fireplace and comfy seating. The hotel room was spacious and gorgeous and quite comfortable. Excellent bed and the best hotel pillows I've every had...slept like a baby. Room decorated extremely attractlively and good size. Bathroom huge and quite nice, also. Be aware that Hampton Inn has shower only, no baths, but shower huge with stone work.

The whole place was clean as a whistle. Everything is just like new, although the hotel is four years old (redone?). Wow. Lots of TLC here.

There is a small business center with free computer use if you don't have your own. Outdoor pool and patio looked great (closed for winter). Coin laundry in locking room on each floor for guest use (I used it and all was fine). Small convenience store area off lobby for most of your needs. Wal-Mart is right around the corner, as is JC Penney.

Hotel in great location. Quiet. Felt very, very safe for a single female. Set back off of main street and near restaurants and all shopping. Parking lot easily visible and well-lit. Bank with drive through next door. Rudy's BBQ also next door -- we liked it so much we ate there both nights during our stay -- great old time Texas atmosphere, friendly service and food is pretty good, too.

Hotel staff are nd very customer service oriented. Couldn't ask for more.

After looking at the other hotels in the area, I would have to say Hampton Inn is the best in Del Rio. It was much nicer cleaner than the Marriott Riverwalk Hotel we stayed at in San Antonio. I would definitely stay here again!

(If you want a great haircut, massage, or other salon service while in Del Rio, go to Classic Cuts at 301 E Garfield in the old downtown area. Great shop in a little house right on the main road to Acuna (3 miles from Mexican border). Ask for Claudia. She gave me the best haircut ever. Walk-ins are welcome and treated as well as the regulars.)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business