“It's a buffet”

Ranked #19 of 85 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet
Description: The original Sirloin Stockade steakhouse and buffet concept has been satisfying guests since 1966. Today Sirloin Stockade offers an all-you-can-eat hot and cold buffet which includes hot entrees, vegetables and salads. The full-service bakery offers fresh rolls, pies, cakes and soft serve ice cream with a variety of toppings. Sirloin Stockade still provides guests good food at a great value!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the steak was tuff.
All the food was good but the steak was tuff and had no flavor.
Price value is fair .

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My only complaint is even if there is steak on the buffet bar and I want to order my own steak (and not wait in buffet line and keep coming back until my well done is done w/o getting taken by someone else) then I should be able to order steak without a buffet even on the weekend. Other than that good buffet choices that taste good. Love love love the bread/rolls :)

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This is not a steak house. It is a buffet of horrors. Here's why I say this: i go in, i pay, i see it's buffet, i think okay, i grab a plate and select fajita meat with onions and rice and salsa, i sit down, a server brings my beverage, i take a bite of the meat and it has a very strange flavor. that's because the meat is LIVER and it is liver and onions - NOT FAJITA meat. I thought I selected the only items that looked as though they had not come out of a can or were somewhat not fried. I look around and see that some folks are eating (maybe out on a day pass?) while others are murmuring about the bad food. So, I finish the rice, cover my plate and leave the poor server a couple of bucks. (I heard her say that she doesn't eat the food either). The Whataburger down the block is pretty darn good. Go there.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I were out running errands and wanted something fast, but not fast food, so the buffet seemed like a good idea. We hadn't eaten here in several years--now I remember why. The food is really terrible! By terrible, I mean no flavor, overcooked, bland, and practically inedible. The catfish was so overcooked I could barely chew it. The mac and cheese had no flavor--just tasted like boiled noodles. You get the idea. That being said, there are a few (only a few) good things here. The meatloaf tasted good, but there were ingredients in it that were unidentifiable (little yellow blobs, to be exact). This was a bit disconcerting. Also, the salad bar was decent enough. The best thing in the place were the rolls--they were actually very yummy (although I'm not sure why they were bright yellow). The food, in general, reminded me of that scene in "Vegas Vacation" where Chevy Chase is watching Randy Quaid load the slop onto his plate--very unappetizing. Luckily, no one got sick.

This restaurant is all about quantity, not quality. So, if you have a large group to feed (and they don't have a culinary bone in their bodies) this may be an option. Otherwise, opt for fast food. It's cheaper and tastier.

If we ever eat here again (not likely), we will order from the menu vs. eating the buffet.

Dave M, Public Relations Manager at Sirloin Stockade, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with the quality of your meal at Sirloin Stockade. While we pride ourselves on providing great tasting meals at affordable prices, there are times when we fall short of expectations. Fresh tasting food made with the highest quality ingredients is our objective with every serving. We hope you will give us another chance to prove this to you. If, for any reason, you are not completely happy with the taste of your food please bring it to the attention of your wait staff and it will be corrected immediately. We never want to serve a poor quality product to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I got sick from eating here, so I will not stop here again. Food was over cooked and stayed on the line to long, and kids fingering all the food. while there mom and dad, stood and watched them do it.