“value and location”

Whispering Palms Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Del Rio
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A very clean friendly place to stay. Rooms are well kept and great walk-in shower. They serve a continental style breakfast, but the two days I stayed there, I was gone before it was set up. Will stay there when I go back to Del Rio.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
wpidelrio, Manager at Whispering Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for the review. Breakfast is served from 6.30am onwards. If you want to be served earlier, just inform the person checking you in and I assure you it will be ready.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2013

very nice rooms especially the shower. Bob,sam and Ross are great people that go out of their way to make u feel welcome. I personally have had a beer and bbq'd with them and I would highly recommend whispering palms inn to anyone.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the reviews from this site. I'm happy to say all the good reviews are well deserved. Check in was was easy with a friendly attendant. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. A nice surprise was the size of the walk-in shower. Very ample. There are three spaces to park a boat or trailer as well. The hotel is located next to probably the best restaurant in Del Rio, Manuels Steakhouse. I posted a review of that palce on TA as well. When we go back for our next fishing trip to Lake Amistad, we're staying at Whispering Palms and eating at Manuels - no doubt about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank joexmas
wpidelrio, Owner at Whispering Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you very much. We look forward to you staying again with us. We will have our Bar open in June this year.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We don't know what other hotels may be available in Del Rio but after one night spent in the Whispering Palms Inn, we don't want to find out !
Friendly and efficient staff, nice, clean and recently renovated rooms for a really fair price.
From a European point of view, that's a really typical American motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
wpidelrio, Manager at Whispering Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you felt at home and I assure you that we will take good care of you the next time you stay with us. We have a bar opening in June and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Never have I seen such friendly helpful service! The rooms are beautiful, remodeled, and comfortable! It feels like a home away from home, and I won't stay anywhere but here when we visit. Thanks for separating yourself from the rest and being the best!

Room Tip: All the rooms are new and clean!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a very good value for the price. Very clean, I was not a fan of the bedding. As a business traveler I would like to suggest they add task lighting in the rooms as it was difficult to work at the desk provided with no lighting availabe. The other suggestion is a coffee pot in the room. For me, at least, as an early riser having coffee available when working in the morning is a blessing. Nice place I would most likely stay here again when in Del Rio.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I agreed with another reviewer who said the drive up had her feeling guarded. I really do not like that style of 50's motel lodge. It smelled a little musty and there were large coffee cans sitting all around for smokers. But, the room was clean, updated, and the people were very nice. It was 20-30 dollars less than other places, so that made me overlook those small items. I do think they could have given us 2 bars of soap (one for the sink and one for the shower.) we were disappointed that Manuel's next door was closed on Mondays.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#8 of 11 in Del Rio
Hotel San Antonio
Hotel San Antonio
#2 of 3 in Ciudad Acuna

Been to Whispering Palms Inn? Share your experiences!