Whispering Palms Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Del Rio Inn(Del Rio)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwalk in showerbig bendrestaurant next doorprepackaged pastriestiled bathroomwifi worked greatfriendly receptionmotor lodgebasic necessitiesmicrowave and refrigeratorpark your cargreat place for the moneytripadvisor reviewsup to datenice amenitiestexas shaped waffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked a room at Whispering Palms Inn based on reviews on travel website, but wondered if I had acted in haste as we pulled up in the car - the hotel is unremarkable and wedged into a narrow slot on a busy road. Once inside, however, everything changed! The rooms are all recently renovated - large, fully tiled shower, tiled bathroom, new counter/sink, freshly painted, bright new carpet, understated framed pictures on walls, crisp sheets. And every aspect of the room is squeaky clean! A huge bargain for $50, if you find yourself in this part of Texas - we are enroute to Big Bend National Park.

Room Tip: Parking is in a U-shaped area, ensuring better security than expected in this anything-can-happen looking town. Choose an upstairs room if you are easily disturbed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had the best stay here. The staff is nice and I had the pleasure of meeting the owners son who manages the place. He was absolutly welcoming and professional. The rooms are very nice, clean and affortable. I certianly will be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Highly recommended! Beautiful rooms. Stylish decor. Handy to have microwave and fridge. Flat screen TV and free breakfast. Best of all, I left my iPad charger in the room and they Priority Mailed it to me the next day! Wow!! That's service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went by the Tripadvisor reviews, and were not disappointed. This has got to be the best place to stay in Del Rio - not cookie-cutter, and a good value. Staff were very friendly when we checked in and on the phone and when we got there. This place really should have more business!!! When I called to make a reservation earlier in the day, the employee on the phone assured me I didn't need reservations - that they wouldn't be that full but, just to humor me, he took my information and assured me there would be a room available. He was right, and there were surprisingly few guests. (it was New Year's Eve).

The hotel is newly renovated - TOTALLY gutted and renovated - so everything is new. They didn't to a 'cookie cutter' approach to the remodeling, and I found the rooms a bit more interesting that the typical cookie-cutter room. Furnishings were all new. TV was a large, flat-screen with lots of channels. Although Del Rio doesn't necessarily FEEL like a safe town, the hotel set-up is secure, with all rooms facing an inner parking area. My only complaint is that there was no real view.

Note: If you do a 'street view' (at least as of Dec 31, 2012), you'll see the hotel in mid-renovation. Interesting, and is shows the degree of renovation. I/we would absolutely stay here again.

Service: excellent - friendly, willing to help in any way.
Value: excellent - in that town, and most others you'd have to pay a lot more for a place like this.
Sleep quality - very good. It was quiet and very comfortable, though there weren't guests on any side of us and only about 10 rooms were filled. We were on the second floor.
Cleanliness - as clean as can be.
Location - good if you're there to visit Del Rio, it's in the middle of town
Rooms - very nice. Large, new/nice furnishings, not-quite cookie-cutter

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room in the bunch but, since they all face a central area, you might want a second story.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BROCIL
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Driving up and down Veteran's Boulevard gives you a view of lots of average roadside motels. The view offered by Whispering Palms Inn was much more -- bright and clean looking, inviting and so I stopped and went in. The lobby staff are terrifically friendly, the rooms clean, quiet and spacious, brand new furnishings, the parking lot courtyard is clean as a whistle, self service breakfast simple and healthy. A pleasant surprise, a nice stay, much better than your average roadside lodging.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark A
wpidelrio, Manager at Whispering Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you! We appreciate your review!!!