“Always Good!”

Rudy's
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Waco, United States
“Always Good!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Rudy's is always good. I met the owner one day here. Great guy and I will always return to eat here!

Visited October 2013

North Carolina
“Great smoked turkey, not so great pulled pork”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went in for a pulled pork sandwich for lunch. They offered a sample of their smoked turkey to me. It tasted incredible! I wish I would have ordered the smoked turkey for my lunch instead of the pulled pork, because the pulled pork sandwich was not good at all. The pulled pork did not taste smoked at all like the turkey did. It tasted like it had just been overcooked in a crockpot.

Visited September 2013
Clark, Missouri, United States
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Delicious but expensive! The gal taking our order suggestive sold us on getting WAY more meat than we actually needed or could possibly eat in one setting. That seemed like a less than classy approach. However, we learned our lesson from that respect and will likely go back but order considerably less food and spend considerably less.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Chris65243
San Antonio, Texas
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Fisherman and I have been on a barbeque kick lately and we've tried some pretty weird stuff (see some other reviews), so it was a great relief to have excellent down-home goodness at Rudy's a few Sundays ago. I love love love the "wet cut" brisket sandwich - a big 'ol double handful of tender moist meat with self-serve pickles, onions and jalepenos. The Fisherman had the chopped sandwich and of course it was good, but not like mine - sauce isn't everything! There's always good service and plenty of parking for trucks pulling boats etc - in a town with few good restaurants, Rudy's is a real gem!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank travlingirl3457
Denver, Colorado
“A Chain Restaurant Where the Locals Go!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

While traveling I try to stay away from chain restaurants and eat where the locals eat; get in some regional culture. Well, after numerous recommendations from the locals in Del Rio, TX, I was off to eat at Rudy’s. Mind you, this was the first time I’ve eaten at Rudy’s and I was very hesitant (gas stations and restaurant food shouldn’t go together). Fighting my awkward fear of food and gas (No pun intended) I gave it a try…WOW! Some Great BBQ!!! Now we all know Texas is known for their BBQ, and this establishment was living up to that reputation. I have since then tried other Rudy’s in other states, and I am yet to find one as good as this restaurant. So, if you’re a judge of Rudy’s and BBQ, I suggest giving this location a try.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jwlang2

Been to Rudy's? Share your experiences!