“Their restaurant in Ciudad Acuña is much better...”

Manuel's Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Del Rio, Texas, United States
“Their restaurant in Ciudad Acuña is much better...”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

But even in Ciudad Acuña, it is still average! The restaurant in Del Rio is loud with terrible acoustics. The food is mediocre Tex-Mex food. The servers, however, are a surprise. The young men and women are courteous, friendly and upbeat. I know it's popular with the hunters and the fishermen because every time we've been there, they are there!

Plano, Texas
“Good small town restaurant”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We recently visited on a Friday night. The place was packed with people having a good time. The restaurant can be very noisy. If you you are looking for a quiet romantic meal, this may not be the place. While not the greatest steaks, they were cooked to order, seasoned well, and arrived hot. The overworked waitstaff were pleasant, friendly, and kept things moving smoothly. We intend to stop here again next time through Del Rio.

Del Rio, Texas
“Live in del rio”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Service is slow and fajitas were half cooked and when asked to send the food back and get it off the ticket the owner refused. This is ongoing. Won't go back. Music is too loud and you can't visit

• Visited March 2014
Fort Stockton
“Best restaurant in del rio”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Was very busy when we got there but were seated immediately. Service was amazing best waitress ever(think her name was Tanaya) my son ended up getting sick and she rushed to help clean up. Food was amazing and large portions. Will definitely go back again.

Dallas, Texas
“Charo Queso, What?”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

They were busy, we take that into consideration. This was our second visit and the busy consideration no longer holds muster.
I love Queso Fundido but was intrigued by the Charo Queso on the menu. I asked the server which was better? Sorry, no name, she didn't give one, She raved on and on about the Charo Queso. Explained as essentially the same dish but with shrimp versus chorizo in melted cheese. I was ecstatic.
What arrived at our table was a large platter of melted cheese with a bowl of disgusting canned tomatoes and steamed onion halves and frozen baby shrimp dumped on top of it. My dearest in all sincerity remarked that he thought I got the shrimp fundido. She quickly said, "It's good, really good." And ran like the hounds of hell were after her. Good reason, it not only looked gross, it was.
I kindly asked her as she brought my wine and I had only tried one bite, (I'm not a masochist) if the Queso Fundido was indeed the same? She back stammered,,, "Yes, No, it's chorizo and..." I asked about the soup. She got mad, "It's juice..."
I asked if I could please have the regular old queso flameado. She smiled broadly, said yes and disappeared to the kitchen with my messy plate of slop.
She came back a couple of minutes later and said they would bring me the Queso Flameado, but I would have to pay for the Charo too. I said no thank you. She blinked and asked if I wanted the Charo back. By this point I was getting peeved and refused. Why would I want a plate of slop? I agreed to pay for it but she could keep it.
My husband's steak was not NY Strip, it was fatty sirloin at best. Overcooked, nicely seasoned and burnt baked potato. Seriously, how do you burn a baked potato?
Del Rio is limited in places to eat, no doubt. But giving poor service and horrible food just because you have a captive audience is dreadful.
Advice?
Going to Del Rio for business? Go to HEB, buy some bread, cheese, condiments and croissants, make sandwiches.
GO OUT AND DRINK BUT DO NOT EAT!

Visited May 2014