“Great mexican food.”

Don Marcelino's
Ranked #30 of 83 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My Dad and I stopped here during a recent fishing trip to Lake Amistad. After driving around looking for a dinner spot, we noticed Marcelino's had good crowd. The food was surprisingly good. I say surprisingly because I know good mexican food and I wasn't expecting to find it in Del Rio. I had the lengua plate which was very tasty, others may find it too spicy, but I thougt it was just right. The service was friendly and the price was not bad. The tacos, and catfish plate special were pretty good also. I wanted to try the breakfast because the pictures on the menu looked good, and if they were anywhere close to the dinner, I'm sure it would not disappoint.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been eating here off and on for the last 15 years. The food is good and remains unchanged. I am still not thrilled by the ordering system, but it seems to work for them. Love the green sauce and the tacos rojos!!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Big and flashy, geared toward visitors, but a passable tex-mex menu. Good alternative to chain food.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Apart from the weird (and hopelessly inefficient) ordering system (you select your food from pictures on a wall and then order it and you drinks from a booth, then find a table, and a waiter (eventually) finds you and brings your food, there is nothing remarkable about this Mexican joint. Very friendly staff - food needs way more chilli for my taste. Nothing much else around in Del Rio though if you need beer and margarita's with your food.

1  Thank oscillator
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We ate there once when we were in Del Rio for a week of Bass fishing. A lot of restaurants were closed when we were there, probably because of the economy or???