“Nice but expensive; no coffee in room!!”

Hyatt Regency Saipan
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Saipan
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I came for a birthday/SCUBA trip. Everything about the site is very pleasant and relaxing. Every room has a nice ocean view and a nice little lanai with two chairs and a table. The room has a nice desk with two chairs (which I like because I do a lot of writing). Wi-fi is free and reasonably fast. There is a little 24-hour shop in the lobby that sells upscale snacks, wine, liquor, and coffee; its very nice but outrageously expensive. If you have a need for coffee in the morning, you are out of luck. No coffee in the room, you can get a tiny coffee at the little shop for $4.25, or you can eat at the restaurant- no coffee to go. The best option is to walk a short block to Java Beach Cafe for a really nice, inexpensive breakfast with lots of coffee choices.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean and there are seven floors. My room on the fourth floor had a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sakadah

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel has transportation to and from the airport for $20 per person but if you are more than two people,metered taxi is only about $27 .
great beach on site, beach is so beautiful and sand bar is going pretty far and super shallow.
nice water color.
pool is ok, nothing special.
they have happy hour at the beach bar from 5-7pm and their drinks are pretty nice :)
hotel stuff; some of them are really friendly and some are not so much.
watched show at the hotel call sand castle, food was fine and show was entertaining.
Also went to Japanese restaurant on site call Miyako, their lunch buffet was really good quality.
Breakfast at kilis was nothing special but very nice view outside seating.
Giovanni the italian restaurant was great.
just make sure to get reservations !
Room was nothing special but the view from balbony (at least from my room) was amazing!!!

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We normally stay in only Marriott hotels but there was none in Saipan so we stayed here at the Hyatt. We used a corporate discount which was very generous and came with nice benefits so that helped us have an even better time. Pickup from the airport was very inexpensive due to the discount and very efficient! Checkin was very pleasant as we arrived approx. 1a.m. Penny (I believe she was the night manager) checked us in and she was very very nice and accommodating. Special thanks to Penny for going out of her way to help us enjoy our first stay at the Hyatt. Unfortunately, though, the only thing that I didn't really appreciate was that we were ensured that we would get a king, non-smoking room the next day since one was not available during checkin, but this never happened even when I inquired for a few days straight. They should have been more honest on this point and the same goes for when the free lobby internet was down for sometime, and I inquired at the front desk, they assured me that it would be back up in 5 min. or so which turned into more than a day. They should have posted a sign in the lobby indicating that there was a problem and that it could be a long delay but they kept telling people that it would be back up soon. I was hoping to get upgraded as a courtesy to a deluxe room or suite, but that didn't happen so we had a standard room with two double beds. The room was just ok and reasonably clean except a big issue was that the light carpet was filthy! They could at least clean the carpets in the hallway and rooms which would go a long way to making the room look and feel a lot better. The tv was flatscreen which was nice and the bathroom was clean except I did notice a very little mildew which made it not seem so clean afterall. Oh, the bathroom was very small and had no vent, the shower curtain was clean but kept touching me in the shower since the tub area was small, and I had to keep asking for wash cloths. Oh, the water pressure was not good at all either. However, we made the best of it, and, it wasn't so bad in the big picture. The grounds were very clean and we had a great view which of course all the rooms have a great view since all overlooking the garden with some view of the beach. That made up for the issues in the room! Absolutely loved the view! Housekeeping staff was very nice and helpful as well which I appreciated! All the staff was very nice and helpful which made the visit very nice and relaxing. The concierge lounge was nice and my husband enjoyed the free spirits in the evening. I enjoyed the hot appetizers and the really good croissants, patries, fruit and snacks. They come around and ask if you want the hot appetizers, bacon, sausage, and you might have to ask for bottled waters as well. That was a little different but I guess that's how they keep waste down and they are serve you what you want so that was fine. The beach has the most clear water I've ever seen even walking out far into the water was still clear. That was amazing and fun! Oh, the bugs were very bad so we had to buy some bug spray so do use it or you will get very annoyed by the bugs even though they didn't really bite they kept being bothersome. Once we used the spray that we bought at a lower price from a store across the street from the hotel, it was fine. Oh, the massages from the area across the street were good and I went to one recommended by the hotel when I asked for the safe massage shops. The one I went to was Spa Verde and they were very nice, clean and safe. The first time my husband stayed the hour with me then the next time he walked me there and I stayed alone. They will pick up and drop off from hotel if you like, too. I negotiated down from their list of prices and that was very good. I'd go back just for the massages and to relax on the beach but I would pay a little more to get a room in the Regency Club area since I understand those rooms are nicer/renovated. But, our price was great so we can't complain and it was ok to put up with a few issues. Not much to see in Saipan but we did enjoy our visit and my husband ate ate a local spot called Bobby Cadillac's and had a good burger and fries which were very reasonable, free wifi, friendly no frills place. We also ate at Moby Dick's and it was very reasonable and my husband really enjoyed his entree of shirmp, scallops, fish in white sauce, but my fried fish plate was just ok but the price was right. The service was very friendly and the bread was really good. There are little shops and restaurants in walking distance that you might miss if you don't actually venture out in a couple different directions. Oh, the upscale mall is nice too but I am not a shopper just a looker. This was a very relaxing trip!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights and it was perfect for me. As an expecting mom i stayed most time in Micro beach was very relaxing. We had breakfast room service and it was absolutely amazing (better than buffet). Room was a bit pricey but i think it deserve it.
Memorial park is very close and cool to walk. Java beach cafe was our favourite place.
There were some changes in saipan you should know; Taxi from hyatt to DFS($5) is NOT free anymore! and street market on thursday is no longer held infrontof the hotel. It is moved to far away so i missed it. Hotel has convenient store in the lobby selling some food, swimsuit, souveniors, etc. it was very helpful.
If i come again to saipan i will definitely stay again in hyatt!!

• Stayed: April 2013
hyattsaipanconcierge, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Saipan, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

We thank you for your valuable feedback on our Saipan resort. The serenity of our beach resort is truly the perfect escape for an expecting mother like yourself. Our restaurants are also proud to serve healthier food alternatives to women especially to soon-to-be-mothers like yourself. Julie1266, we congratulate you in advance and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Saipan with the little one!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Gorgeous property. We stayed twice, a 1 nighter and then a week later we stayed for 6 nights. The one night room we had was fine except the water pressure was horrible! The room we had for the 6 nights was 455 and it was absolutely amazing and water pressure was great. The bathroom was beyond huge and the view from the lanai was great, especially looking out to Managaha island. It is pretty expensive, but eating and getting massages in saipan is pretty cheap. I would stay here again when visiting Saipan just for the convenience of the shopping area which is within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a beautiful property directly on the beach in Saipan. The staff was very helpful and accommodating Our room was very large and all rooms have a balcony with a view of the ocean and the gourgeous grounds. The resort and the rooms were very clean. The beach was beautiful our kids loved it. We mainly ate at the resturants on the propert and all were very good. We will return Excellent property.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the gardens and the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
hyattsaipanconcierge, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Saipan, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our beachfront property. We are also very thrilled that you have enjoyed most of our restaurants and found most of our associates to be helpful and accommodating. Hyatt Regency Saipan looks forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay on Saipan. The staff are all friendly and very helpful. My room, in the South Wing, was very large, very clean, and very quiet. Since I was on the first floor there was not much of a view but I could see a little of the beach and a lot of the garden. The beach is beautiful. I was leading a team on a project and when we found there was no wi-fi in the meeting room, the staff immediately set up a router in the room. Breakfast was great, albeit a bit pricey but that is normal in Micronesia. The room had a refrigerator so I could put in some food for dinner. The next time I go to Saipan I will stay here. I should add that I was staying here on the government rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank wholehogbrew

We often hear complementary words about the natural beauty surrounding our hotel on Saipan, and most especially about the beach and the gardens – we are delighted that you enjoyed these. We highly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to making your next stay even more exceptional.