“Perfect for expecting mom”

Hyatt Regency Saipan
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Saipan
Seoul, South Korea
“Perfect for expecting mom”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights and it was perfect for me. As an expecting mom i stayed most time in Micro beach was very relaxing. We had breakfast room service and it was absolutely amazing (better than buffet). Room was a bit pricey but i think it deserve it.
Memorial park is very close and cool to walk. Java beach cafe was our favourite place.
There were some changes in saipan you should know; Taxi from hyatt to DFS($5) is NOT free anymore! and street market on thursday is no longer held infrontof the hotel. It is moved to far away so i missed it. Hotel has convenient store in the lobby selling some food, swimsuit, souveniors, etc. it was very helpful.
If i come again to saipan i will definitely stay again in hyatt!!

• Stayed April 2013
hyattsaipanconcierge, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Saipan, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We thank you for your valuable feedback on our Saipan resort. The serenity of our beach resort is truly the perfect escape for an expecting mother like yourself. Our restaurants are also proud to serve healthier food alternatives to women especially to soon-to-be-mothers like yourself. Julie1266, we congratulate you in advance and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Saipan with the little one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Gorgeous property. We stayed twice, a 1 nighter and then a week later we stayed for 6 nights. The one night room we had was fine except the water pressure was horrible! The room we had for the 6 nights was 455 and it was absolutely amazing and water pressure was great. The bathroom was beyond huge and the view from the lanai was great, especially looking out to Managaha island. It is pretty expensive, but eating and getting massages in saipan is pretty cheap. I would stay here again when visiting Saipan just for the convenience of the shopping area which is within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Farmington, Minnesota
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a beautiful property directly on the beach in Saipan. The staff was very helpful and accommodating Our room was very large and all rooms have a balcony with a view of the ocean and the gourgeous grounds. The resort and the rooms were very clean. The beach was beautiful our kids loved it. We mainly ate at the resturants on the propert and all were very good. We will return Excellent property.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the gardens and the ocean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hyattsaipanconcierge, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Saipan, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our beachfront property. We are also very thrilled that you have enjoyed most of our restaurants and found most of our associates to be helpful and accommodating. Hyatt Regency Saipan looks forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay on Saipan. The staff are all friendly and very helpful. My room, in the South Wing, was very large, very clean, and very quiet. Since I was on the first floor there was not much of a view but I could see a little of the beach and a lot of the garden. The beach is beautiful. I was leading a team on a project and when we found there was no wi-fi in the meeting room, the staff immediately set up a router in the room. Breakfast was great, albeit a bit pricey but that is normal in Micronesia. The room had a refrigerator so I could put in some food for dinner. The next time I go to Saipan I will stay here. I should add that I was staying here on the government rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank wholehogbrew
We often hear complementary words about the natural beauty surrounding our hotel on Saipan, and most especially about the beach and the gardens – we are delighted that you enjoyed these. We highly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to making your next stay even more exceptional.
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I could have stayed on Guam in a nice hotel (like Hilton) and fly into Saipan daily and still have saved money... That of course, is if you are like me, a random traveller. They apply different pricing scales to different people - if you have local ties you may just need to pay $75 or less per night, but if you are an "outsider" or "rich tourist" not affiliated with a tour group, you pay up to $385 all in, and that may be going up because the hotel taxes were just raised by the cash strapped local government.
Hyatt being close to the only large chain hotel on Saipan, is really pricey relativel to their tired infrastructure and mediocre services. The hotel is in need of a facelift. The recent renovation was only done to the Regency Club section, not the general section. If you are jet lagged and in need of something to eat at odd hours, you are stuck with instant noodles... restaurants won't open until 7am sorry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for four nights during February in what is called a View King room. This is a room on the higher floors of the Main Wing. I was in room 724 on the top floor. In addition to the Main Wing, there are two other buildings on the site: the South Wing and the Regency Club. I didn’t enter either of these buildings so I can’t say much about their rooms except that you can see from the website that they are bigger and more expensive. From the outside you can also see that the balconies for these rooms are larger and more private.

The Main Wing building appears to be quite old but my room was clean and bright and the bed was very comfortable. The furnishings – lamps, mirrors, etc. – are somewhat dated but the color scheme was an attractive orange-ish pastel with white trim. The room was a little small by today’s standards and it lacked a dresser or any kind of clothing drawers, but there was an easy chair with stool and table in addition to a full-sized desk with two chairs. There was a wired Internet connection included in my room rate and it worked very well. The room was equipped with a large flat-screen TV and a refrigerator. There was a nice balcony with two chairs and a footstool and the view of the grounds and the ocean was excellent. The only problem is that there is zero privacy on the balcony and if any of your nearby neighbors are also using their balconies, you will hear what they are talking about and may also have to smell their cigarette smoke.

One thing I like about this and some other Hyatt hotels is the fact that all rooms face the beach, so there are only rooms on one side of the corridor. This results in a quieter stay because you don’t have slamming doors or people entering and leaving rooms on the other side of the hall. And you don’t have to worry about being on the wrong side of the hotel when you make your booking.

Breakfast was included in my rate and the breakfast buffet in the Kili Café and Terrace on the ground floor was superb with a great selection of food items, a nice tropical atmosphere, and good service. I did not have a lunch or dinner buffet in the Kili Café this time but on a previous visit to Saipan I did have the lunch buffet and it was also excellent.

This hotel has a huge, attractive garden right in front (on the beach side). This puts some space between the hotel and the pool, which keeps noise from the pool away from the rooms. I did not spend much time at the beach, but it is very wide and looks quite nice. The sunset views from the rooms or the beach are spectacular.

The hotel is located right downtown in Garapan, if that’s where you want to be. You can walk to many shops (and the American Memorial Park) in just a couple of minutes. Unfortunately the downtown is rather seamy and depressing, being filled with massage parlors and wild dogs. This is not Hyatt’s responsibility, of course, but I do hope that the hotel is using its influence to try to get the town cleaned up so that visitors will feel more comfortable and want to come back for a second visit. I suspect that few do right now.

My major complaint about this property – and it is a pretty big complaint - concerns the noisy parrots and other birds that are kept in a large cage just a few meters from the pool. When I visit a hotel like this, one thing I really look forward to is taking a good book down to the pool and reading quietly in between short swims. The screeching of the parrots made that completely impossible here and I just went back to my room. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Guam immediately after this stay and it had the same problem, although the cages there were a little further from the pool (but there were even more parrots!). Do the Hyatt managers really think that their guests want to listen to parrots screaming while they sun themselves beside the pool? I assure them that they are wrong about this. The pool at the Saipan Hyatt was nearly deserted and I believe the reason was this awful noise. What’s wrong with a little peace and quiet?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hal O
Cuba
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for three nights and fell in love with Saipan. The Hyatt was good, but there are some issues that should be addressed.

The Bad:
1. When we first arrived (at 7:30 pm!) we were told our room was not ready because the guest checked out at 5 pm. So I asked, "What if we had come at 3?" and the desk clerk's response was "Well you said you were coming at 7." So....why wasn't our room ready 30 minutes after we said we would be there?? And I thought this was a 4 star hotel... we paid from 3 pm, so regardless of when we showed up, after 3, our room shouldve been ready.
2. There is no ATM.
3. The cashier in "DJ's Corner" didn't know what "cash back" was.
4. Room service took forever! And then the older room service attendant, Helen, did not want to take card. She told us that there was no other way to pay for our room service than to charge it to the room. She told us they don't even take cash! (although we had paid by card the night before with another girl...) We told her this and she said, "well she's new." So she has better customer service?? She called her manager to ask about accepting credit card, but she spoke in a Filipino language. I did not appreciate that as we were standing right next to her, waiting for her answer. Then she took my credit card for close to an hour while she went to go charge us.
5. The pool closes at sunset. Not sure why, but sometimes we like night swimming, so it would be nice if it stayed open longer.
6. Even though I indicated that we were a honeymooning couple, we were still placed in a room next to loud Chinese tourists with children. Not sure why they would ask if we were on a honeymoon if they weren't going to take it into consideration.

The Good:
1. The view is breathtaking. The beach is great and the gardens are beautiful. We could see the whole property from our window. All rooms in the tower we were in face the gardens and the beach.
2. Good location and plenty of free parking.
3. Maryanne from room service: she is all about customer service! She is new, but she is an example of what a good employee should be!

So overall, the hotel is good- the service, not so much. Still, the price was great and the view was amazing. We will stay again if we visit Saipan again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple