Stayed here for three nights and fell in love with Saipan. The Hyatt was good, but there are some issues that should be addressed.
1. When we first arrived (at 7:30 pm!) we were told our room was not ready because the guest checked out at 5 pm. So I asked, "What if we had come at 3?" and the desk clerk's response was "Well you said you were coming at 7." So....why wasn't our room ready 30 minutes after we said we would be there?? And I thought this was a 4 star hotel... we paid from 3 pm, so regardless of when we showed up, after 3, our room shouldve been ready.
2. There is no ATM.
3. The cashier in "DJ's Corner" didn't know what "cash back" was.
4. Room service took forever! And then the older room service attendant, Helen, did not want to take card. She told us that there was no other way to pay for our room service than to charge it to the room. She told us they don't even take cash! (although we had paid by card the night before with another girl...) We told her this and she said, "well she's new." So she has better customer service?? She called her manager to ask about accepting credit card, but she spoke in a Filipino language. I did not appreciate that as we were standing right next to her, waiting for her answer. Then she took my credit card for close to an hour while she went to go charge us.
5. The pool closes at sunset. Not sure why, but sometimes we like night swimming, so it would be nice if it stayed open longer.
6. Even though I indicated that we were a honeymooning couple, we were still placed in a room next to loud Chinese tourists with children. Not sure why they would ask if we were on a honeymoon if they weren't going to take it into consideration.
1. The view is breathtaking. The beach is great and the gardens are beautiful. We could see the whole property from our window. All rooms in the tower we were in face the gardens and the beach.
2. Good location and plenty of free parking.
3. Maryanne from room service: she is all about customer service! She is new, but she is an example of what a good employee should be!
So overall, the hotel is good- the service, not so much. Still, the price was great and the view was amazing. We will stay again if we visit Saipan again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the true essence of paradise whilst enjoying the comforts of home at Hyatt Regency Saipan Hotel. Enjoy panoramic views of the hotel's lush, tropical gardens while witnessing the breathtaking sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Hyatt Regency Saipan offers luxury rooms and suites that overlook the beautiful landscaped hotel gardens and offer guests lavish amenities. All our rooms feature balconies that are just a stone’s throw away from Saipan’s pristine white sand beaches. Our hotel on Saipan is conveniently located in the centre of the island's shopping and entertainment district, just a 30-minute drive from Saipan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Saipan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Saipan Hotel Saipan
- Saipan Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Saipan