“Fascinating underwater journey with Axe Murderer”

Axe Murderer Dive Tours
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Saipan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I have moved my shop behind my house, since I don't really need a retail setting anyway, I just need a place to store all the gear and equipment. I offer hotel pick up and drop off for my customers. I offer a full range of scuba certifications from Discover Dive through Divemaster and everything in between. I am also a very experienced dive guide with over 10,000 dives on Saipan. I specialize in private instruction and guiding as I believe it is a much better experience for the customer if I can cater everything specifically to them. I typically book up in advance, so if you want to dive with me, please make reservations ahead of time.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I will never forget the first dive in my life and it was with Harry. My boyfriend and I decided to go to Saipan in a hurry, we were so lucky that had Harry's schedule in the first morning. The first day was for basic skills and to make sure we act correctly when accidents occurs underwater; the second day, some reviews, some new skills, two dives in the afternoon; the third day was my greatest day coz I had learned how to keep myself safe and comfortable underwater and fully enjoyed the beautiful sea world. Harry was also a very good guide in the sea, I enjoyed every point and was exciting all around the diving.

To be frank, the original incentive we came to Saipan is to see the underwater world, but since the first class we took, I realized dive is much more than that. It's my responsibility to make sure everything I carry is okay, both for protecting myself and my diving buddy. Dive is gonna to teach you how to overcome your fear, is a good way to get new friends and to build trusts. A systematic and professional training is definitely a must, Harry is the best teacher, we are proud to be certified by him. Next time to Saipan, we will certainly go to the Grotto with Harry.

3  Thank Nancy Z
harryblalock, Owner at Axe Murderer Dive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed having Nancy and Dragon here learning to dive with me. As they discovered, there is a little bit more to it than there might appear to be at first glance. I want to make sure my divers are very comfortable and qualified to be diving on their own after I certify them. I feel like I owe it to them to make sure they are the best divers they can possibly be after the short training time I have them for. I truly hope to see them back here again soon!

All reviews
"my girlfriend"
"own pace"
"an excellent instructor"

Reviewed August 17, 2013

There is no other way to dive in Saipan. As an active military couple living in Guam, we have numerous friends that have made it up to Saipan prior to our trip and everyone said this was the best and only company to dive with. Harry lived up to all the raves. We booked last minute (night before), he picked us up first thing in the morning from the hotel, got us to the shop to get our gear, entertained us with the history of axe murderers on the way to the site, thorough brief prior to getting suited up and then walked us through everything at the site. We dove the grotto, which he has done over 4,000 times and it showed. He knows all the holes in the reef and makes sure to point it all out. As a new diver, I did not feel rushed and felt comfortable through both of my tank dives. The Grotto was an amazing location and Harry is nothing short of the Best!!!

3  Thank Maureen L
harryblalock, Owner at Axe Murderer Dive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed having Maureen and Tom diving the Grotto with me. I am very glad to hear that all of my previous Guam customers who have been diving with me are so eager in their endorsement of diving with me. I think there are very few other dive guides out there as focused on making sure that their customers have one of the best dives of their lives. My reputation means everything to me, and I will do anything to make sure that it stays intact.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Harry at Axe Murderer tours really puts on a great show. As a fellow Dive Instructor myself that now dives leisurely, I found his service, knowledge and professionalism very high making for a very positive experience. When looking for a dive service, I think it's very important to look for a company that is not rushed and really focuses on the customer satisfaction. This service is 10/10 and if you are diving Saipan then diving with harry is a must.

Harry was on time, not rushed and had all of the day planned very carefully. Upon pickup from the hotel he was all smiles and made us feel really comfortable from the start. My girlfriend and I went diving at the Grotto and we found the site a very interesting place with large open swim through's and good marine life. We went in the afternoon so the fish life was good, but I would recommend going in the morning or a night dive if possible as there would be a higher abundance of marine life.
The dive brief was in the car on the way and had us very excited and ready to go. Post-dive we had some laughs and chatted about further diving we plan to do on our return. Thanks a lot Harry for a great day on our holiday, from James and Mika.

1  Thank james-in-japan07

James wanted Mika to do a Discover Dive while they were here, and he wanted her to be able to do it at the Grotto. I normally don't take Discover Divers to the Grotto, but when I heard that she had done several Discover Dives and that James was an instructor himself, I decided to go ahead and take them there. I think they both totally enjoyed the Grotto, and I hope that James brings Mika back for me to certify one of these days so she doesn't have to keep doing Discover Dives. Awesome couple and I hope to see them again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Harry did a phenominal job certifying me and my GF during our short weekend stay in Saipan. our training was tailored to our needs and level of diving experience. Pricing is very reasonable but make sure you contact him as soon as possible due to high demand of time. Harry went beyond expectation and @ the conclusion we're inducted in the axe-murder family of divers. can't wait to get back and dive the grotto.. Thanks Harry and dive associates @ Axe Murderer Dive Tours. I've already reccommended your facility to my co-workers travelling to Saipan this summer-fall... See you soon Anthony & Anna..

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank anthony t

I had an absolute blast with Anthony and Anna. I got to introduce both of them to the underwater world and see the look of amazement on their faces as they took their first breaths underwater. They have already booked their return trip and are ready for a few more dives, I can't wait to dive with them and spend some quality time above water with them as well.