“Good local stop with friends”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
iron horse bar and grill
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Gallitzin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 21, 2017

I end up here several times a year, the food is good and it is a good spot to watch a game, plenty of TVs. They offer a full bar and the help is always friendly. Nice pool table available. I would say it is a family type bar, but I don't approve of exposing children to a bar atmosphere, so I don't recommend it for children.

Reviewed September 5, 2014

The menu is typical bar food (sandwiches, pizza, deep fried appetizers) but it's always consistent. Their wings are really good. It's a good place to go for a quiet drink or meal. The only negative thing I have to say is that the service is usually a little slow.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Upon a recommendation, went there for a burger. Ordered a rare "Bennington Burger" on rye bread (not toasted) with blue cheese salad dressing on the side and a draft beer.

After a long wait, I was served a hamburger that the Pittsburgh Penguins could use for a hockey puck stuck between two slices of rye toast with mayonnaise on the side. I had to call the waitress over to politely complain and she said she'd have another one made. I was very hungry so I had picked at the crispy burger.

After another long wait (they were not that busy), I got a new burger that was well done....not even medium. So I ate it and asked for the check.
Imagine my surprise when the check revealed the owner was charging me for 2 burgers....because I had nibbled at the first one. A brief discussion with the owner/cook who was sitting at the bar with a drink in his hand, resulted in the bill being changed to just one burger....although begrudgingly.

No.....I won't be going back

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Good menu two doors down from the Tunnel Inn. It's a bar with tables, TVs to watch your favorite game and friendly people.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

stayed at the tunnel inn recently and went to iron horse for dinner. menu is simple with basic selections. we had cheeseburgers, fries, and onion rings, and a few draft beers. its a local watering hole unless you are a train buff as i am. would return again when back in the area.

3  Thank biodont