“We trusted the recommendations and were pleasantly surprised.”
Review of The Wine Cellar

The Wine Cellar
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Gallitzin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Martinsburg, PA
“We trusted the recommendations and were pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

So finding the place is a challenge, but it is worth the trip. If it is your first time there, you will definitely think that you are at the wrong place when your GPS takes you down the alley to the nondescript single story ranch house that cannot possibly be the restaurant that your coworkers have raved about. Just glance at the side window of the place and see the neon beer sign in the window and it will confirm that you are at the right place. My wife and I first visited the Wine Cellar in February. Unless prepped by a previous patron, you will be surprised to find that the restaurant is in the basement of 60's area home. All of the cooking takes place in one corner of the basement. I kept waiting to see the staff disappear into the "other kitchen", but there is no "other kitchen." The food was phenomenal. Try the homemade pasta or pierogies. Skip the brownie sundae as it was not what we expected. Although impressed by the cooking, I question how code enforcement (if any such entity exists in Gallitzin) ever approved having a restaurant in a basement.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Lloyrdestroyr

Ebensburg, PA
“Great homemade food.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just the way mama made it, because mama makes everything. Very well done. Not great atmosphere, but great food.

Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
“A Rare Gem”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

An unexpected pleasure in a quaint and quiet community!

1 Thank Kim-n-Scot
Chambersburg, PA
“Gallitzin's Best-Kept Secret- An Exquisite Culinary Surprise!”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I grew up between the nearby towns of Patton and Chest Springs but have since moved away from the area. When I'm home, my family likes to go out for dinner, especially for birthdays and special occasions. Not sure how we missed The Wine Cellar until this year, but now that we discovered it, it's our new favorite place! The atmosphere is charming (would be great for a romantic dinner), the servers are polished, and the food is simply outstanding! Prices are ridiculously reasonable. For such a small restaurant, they have a nice wine and beer selection. The menu is not huge, but this is one of the only local restaurants where EVERYONE in my extended family consistently comes away pleased (even my uber-picky aunt!). The homemade pastas and sauces are all very good, and the mushroom appetizer is to die for! The only negative aspect of this restaurant is the downstairs dining room, which can only be accessed by descending a steep, narrow staircase- difficult for older patrons, and I would think nearly impossible for anyone who is physically disabled. So long as my family all can make it down the staircase, we'll continue to go back!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank sweetlawgirl03
Ebensburg
“The area's best kept secret.”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

If you ask most locals around here about The Wine Cellar Resturante in Gallitzin, you'd more than likely get alot of "huh", "where" or "never heard of it" as a response. I think that is a good thing. The Wine Cellar seems to attract diners who enjoy a finer, although, limited menu. The Resturante is actually in the resturante owners basement and is decorated nicely. We visited in June of 2011 and it seems an outdoor patio dinning area is in the works. A nice addition I might add. The food is served piping hot and has always been superb. There is a fully stocked, very nice bar area as well. My wife and I aways look forward to visiting the Wine Cellar. Enjoy it for yourself.

• Visited June 2011

Been to The Wine Cellar? Share your experiences!