“A long weekend in San Francisco” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Francisco

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Neighborhoods
Neighborhoods
Philadelphia area
2 helpful votes
“A long weekend in San Francisco”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I'm from the east coast and it's been about 15 years since I had the opportunity to visit San Francisco and the surrounding area. Sometimes, if you've had a great visit, the next visit is a let down...but San Francisco did not disappoint. Although I only stayed for a long 4 day weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of places and activities the area has to offer. Great restaurants, both small, intimate new finds and classic alfresco... watching the people go by along Columbus Blvd. The neighborhoods are a good searching ground for unique food and shopping finds. I loved Mama's in North Beach for breakfast and there was also a little french bakery with wonderful breads/pastries. Stepping further out, I loved all the great shops in Sausalito and the beautiful lookouts to San Francisco from the hills above it. What always amazes me is the temperature variations in the area....cool in the city and by the water and then very warm as you head into wine country. Did I mention wine country? We wound our way through a number of vineyards...some that paired food with the tastings, some very small and some that were huge and catered to many people at one time. Had to stop and take a nap at one point.....oh well, that's what vacations are for....to slow down and enjoy yourself.

2 Thank RPTraveler54
NYC
1 helpful vote
“SF is so relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

There's always something to do here, the Bart is a cinch to navigate, and the tattoo parlors are top-notch. I love this city.

1 Thank runtyreader
Minnesota
1 helpful vote
“Family trip to San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We spent four days exploring San Francisco, then drove to the Monerey/Carmel area for a day trip. We covered an amazing amount of experiences and had a great time. Muir Woods, Sausalito, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Chrissy Field, Golden Gate Bridge, Japanese Tea Garden, Chinatown, cable cars, Lombard st., Palace of Fine Arts, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Pt Lobos, the beach at Carmel, we all among what we managed to fit in to our 6 days. I wouldn't call it a rejuvinating vacation, but it was truly fun. Our kids are 8 and 10 and were up for everything. One of our best family vacations.

1 Thank JBS93
los angeles
“For the love of SF”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

San Francisco is an exciting city with many attractions. I recommend staying in the city. Visiting Fisherman's Wharf, Having clam chowder, going to see the Golden Gate Bridge, China Town, and a great night out on the town. It can be chilly during the fall so dont forget a jacket!! and enjoy all the sights, it is such a tourist friendly place and all the people are so nice and cordial. A diverse place that everyone should see at least once.

San Diego, CA
5 helpful votes
“A city no one should miss seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Having traveled the world over, I never made it to a city a mere 600 miles away from where I live - San Fransisco.
This is a picturesque city that has something for everyone.
The views, the history, the architecture, churches, food, what's not to love? I stayed at the North Beach Hotel and by luck, got a corner room overlooking the street, from which the view in every direction was a wonderful slice of life. A short walk to the Embarkadero rewarded me with a diverse culture on the waterfront, from the street vendors, street performers, restaurants, trolleys, farmer's market and of course Pier 39.
I suggest getting a passport for the public transportation and ride the buses, trolleys and of course the famous cable cars that run all through the city. Visit Chinatown and Haight-Asbury while there.

Treat yourself to a cultural melting pot some day - you won't regret it.

Been to San Francisco? Share your experiences!