“Good but not the best ”
Review of Mensho Tokyo

Mensho Tokyo
Ranked #591 of 6,311 Restaurants in San Francisco
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We were craving for a warm bowl of noodles soup and found this walking distance from our hotel. We queued for about 30 minutes before getting seat. Portions size is good and it was a filling meal, it’s the best ramen in SF but not in the world.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Excellent Ramen. One of the best! Me and my son arrived 45 min before their opening hour and there were around 30 people ahead of us. We waited for about another 45 minutes to get in and order. It as worthed!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018

Where do I begin? We arrived an hour before opening, and as we waited, we wondered "Would the quality live up to the hype?" In a unanimous decision: Yes. My husband has been to ramen restaurants around the world, many of them in Japan. This particular ramen was so flavorful, and the broth rich and silky. The soft boiled egg was magical. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Go. Wait in Line. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 4, 2018

My friends and I happened upon this little restaurant one evening and we were not prepared for the culinary sensation that is Mensho Tokyo. I lived in Japan for three years, and this ramen is beyond amazing. The pork melts in your mouth and the broth is perfect. We did wait for 2 hours in line, but it was completely worth it.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2018

We were searching for the best Ramen in SF and we found it at Mensho. The noodles are hand made, the pork and lamb melted in our mouths. If you get in line 1/2 hour before they open for the evening, you will be one of the first to eat. Seating is communal and they have 4 seats at the counter that faces the kitchen if you like watching the chefs.

Date of visit: June 2018