“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Epic Steak

Epic Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Epic Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Harrison and Folsom
Transit: If traveling by MUNI you may take the N-Judah, T-Third, or J-Church lines to the Folsom Station.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We arrived on a busy Friday night and were seated almost immediately thanks to an OpenTable reservation made the previous week. Despite the crowd, the service was excellent. My wife and I ordered steaks and both arrived prepared exactly as we ordered. Food prices seemed constant with what you would expect at this type of restaurant, but the wine prices were a bit high. Although the list is seemingly endless and the Pinot Noir my wife and I shared was exceptional. Certain tables give you amazing nighttime views of the lights on the Bay Bridge. We will definitely dine at Epic again the next time we are in the Bay Area.

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Every special location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

There just something about the view from Epic. We had had a very stressful day in court and just wanted to breath and get some relief. Two lemon drops and a burger in the outdoor bar was just the ticket in the late afternoon. Our server was dear and helpful. The happy hour offered a very reasonable lemon drop....maybe $5.00 or $7.00. This was just what we needed.....beautiful view, great service, very good hamburger, and happy hour prices. Does it get any better? My cousin is coming to San Francisco next week and we will takes them to Epic Roadhouse.

• Visited October 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great view, food, service in Embarcadaro, San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Local knowledge again trumped. San Fran friends met us here and recommended all, especially the Braised Ribs. Husband said best he'd ever had, has gone on the website to find out how to prepare same at home. Service and setting lovely, wine reasonable, special. Afterwards, we viewed the new LED twinkling lights on the Oakland Bay Bridge.

Pleasanton, California
“Excellent Service with Good Food and View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My kids took us to Epic for my birthday as I wanted a place to see the Oakland Bay Bridge lights. The crew gave us choices for tables - they all had great views. The food and the service was very good and we will definitely return!

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Unforgettable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wanted to find a really great place for a romantic dinner with my boyfriend on our visit to San Francisco and Epic seemed to be the place to go. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Pete made sure we got a table with a view and our waitress, Deirdre, was fabulous. When we couldn't decide which red cabernet to get with our dinner she brought out a tasting of the three wines offered by the glass. As far as the food, we started with the shrimp cocktail which was quite tasty, the cocktail sauce had a bit of zing to it which my bf loved. My filet mignon was cooked perfectly and was mouth-watering delicious. It didn't even need the cabernet sauce on the side (but both ways were amazing). My bf cleaned his plate of the rib-eye and our side of mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had. Their chocolate cake dessert with grape sorbet was okay but the chocolate mousse that came with it was divine.

Yes, Epic is expensive but well worth it for a special occasion. The view, the service, and the food all add up to an unforgettable evening. Deirdre even had us step outside and took our picture after dinner! If I'm ever in San Francisco again I will definitely be going back.