“Excellent Service with Good Food and View”
Review of Epic Steak

Epic Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Epic Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Harrison and Folsom
Transit: If traveling by MUNI you may take the N-Judah, T-Third, or J-Church lines to the Folsom Station.
Pleasanton, California
“Excellent Service with Good Food and View”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My kids took us to Epic for my birthday as I wanted a place to see the Oakland Bay Bridge lights. The crew gave us choices for tables - they all had great views. The food and the service was very good and we will definitely return!

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wanted to find a really great place for a romantic dinner with my boyfriend on our visit to San Francisco and Epic seemed to be the place to go. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Pete made sure we got a table with a view and our waitress, Deirdre, was fabulous. When we couldn't decide which red cabernet to get with our dinner she brought out a tasting of the three wines offered by the glass. As far as the food, we started with the shrimp cocktail which was quite tasty, the cocktail sauce had a bit of zing to it which my bf loved. My filet mignon was cooked perfectly and was mouth-watering delicious. It didn't even need the cabernet sauce on the side (but both ways were amazing). My bf cleaned his plate of the rib-eye and our side of mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had. Their chocolate cake dessert with grape sorbet was okay but the chocolate mousse that came with it was divine.

Yes, Epic is expensive but well worth it for a special occasion. The view, the service, and the food all add up to an unforgettable evening. Deirdre even had us step outside and took our picture after dinner! If I'm ever in San Francisco again I will definitely be going back.

• Visited September 2013
Colorado
“Epic View for a price”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. (We flew in from Colorado for a few days to celebrate his Birthday.) I had heard nothing but great things about this place & for me it was not a disappointment. The food was very good (pricey), serivice was great and the view was EPIC. :) The view was the highlight of our night! Sitting next to the water and having a great view of the Bay Bridge really is what makes this restaurant stand out. I would recommend the Roasthouse to any of my friends but would caution them to be prepared for a hit to the pocketbook!

• Visited April 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great waterfront location”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Arrived around 8pm Sat night and did not have to wait for a table. Sat outside on the patio overlooking SF Bay and the lights of the Bay bridge. Server was Rafik and he was very attractive and personable. Had a few drinks and dinner. Filet was cooked as requested. Also shared several sides - baked potato, steak fries, Mac/Cheese, and creamed spinach - all were OUTSTANDING. Was a little more pricey that I expected to pay, but the view was worth it.

Visited September 2013
“Nice spot, terrible value. Skip it.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

It started out great walking to our reserved table outside with a nice view of the bay bridge. That was the highlight of the night, the service was haphazard and was 30 minutes before we had drinks ordered. Then the waiter was curt and not too helpful. Finally to top it off the steak was sub par and an overly fatty piece of meat and not cooked right. Avoid this place. There are better options.

• Visited September 2013