“Great View and Service”
Review of Waterbar

Waterbar
Ranked #112 of 5,862 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Beach
Cross street: Harrison
Description: Waterbar is located on the South end of Rincon Park on San Francisco's scenic Embarcadero. If you're looking for a San Francisco restaurant with a view, Waterbar features panoramic views of the Bay and San Francisco skyline serving the freshest seafood.
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a leisurely Saturday brunch here. Server, Bo, was very attentive and offered some great suggestions. The house bloody mary came with tasty bacon and jumbo shrimp. The house oysters were a deal at $1.00 each. Enjoyed the shrimp grits and the view of the bay and the Bay Bridge. Would definitely return!

1  Thank WisconsinsFinest

Reviewed July 6, 2016

My husband and I are travelling to San Francisco on honeymoon this weekend. We had an 8:30pm reservation at Waterbar for Friday 7/8. We were really looking forward to this restaurant based on reviews, the menu, view and because this is going to be our first night in the city and our honeymoon.

I found out our flight to San Fran was arriving later than originally planned. As a courtesy (i work in the industry), I called the restaurant to see if there were later reservation options available and indeed there were so we were going to book a later reservation to be safe. We would hate to hold a table and then be late due to travel. Before booking the later time, I had to ask the gentleman "what if" our flight and travel are further delayed (you have to put a credit card down with the reservation). I was informed that even if we called to cancel due to travel reasons and WITH HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE, we could be charged $40 for the two of us not being able to make our reservation. I get that establishments have to protect the business so they don't hold tables that never show, which turns away others who want to dine and also revenue. I completely understand and can appreciate that they take credit cards to hold reservations...you have to these days. However, if this were such an amazing and busy place, don't you think that with HOURS in advance notice that they could fill our little two top table with a new reservation or a walk in? The answer is YES, unless they are posing as a popular and in demand establishment without the service to back it. A service-focused establishment would understand some things are beyond control and should be able to make a exceptions in these cases especially when ample notice is given. Thing is, we probably would have made the original reservation, but we were trying to the right thing. Too bad Waterbar can't do the right thing. Fortunately, San Francisco is a mecca for dining, so I'm sure we won't have a hard time finding an alternative.

1  Thank 522juliad
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

I booked this restaurant one month ahead as I wanted a nice place to eat on 4th July.
As it was my 50th Birthday I requested a nice table by the window,
When we arrived we were told a window table could not be guaranteed so we agreed to wait for one.
Once seated we were greeted by a warm friendly waitress with a lot of knowledge about the menu.
We ordered crab and lobster but unfortunately did not realise we would have to break each part of the crab open to eat. Having said that we made the mistake and cannot blame the restaurant.
The food was OK
The view of bridge from the window was amazing.
The waitress was great.
It was nice to go there but it would not be top of my recommendations as the total bill was $235 before tip. I don't mind paying for a nice meal but this was not worth the money I'm afraid.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

I attended an event at the Waterbar. I was impressed by the quality of the food, drink service and facility. You are up close and personal with the bridge, which is stunning at night. I will return during my next trip to San Fran.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Anniversary dinner a huge disappointment. After a lovely crab and lobster starter we were both served tepid duck main course. We sent this back only for it to return having been nuked in a microwave. We sent it back again only for a "fresh" anemic and cold pair of duck dishes to be presented 30 minutes later. Really this is a disgrace from a supposedly top notch restaurant. Despite the superb location this is a business living on borrowed time.