“Truly awful cold food served three times!”
Review of Waterbar

Waterbar
Ranked #112 of 5,862 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Beach
Cross street: Harrison
Description: Waterbar is located on the South end of Rincon Park on San Francisco's scenic Embarcadero. If you're looking for a San Francisco restaurant with a view, Waterbar features panoramic views of the Bay and San Francisco skyline serving the freshest seafood.
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Anniversary dinner a huge disappointment. After a lovely crab and lobster starter we were both served tepid duck main course. We sent this back only for it to return having been nuked in a microwave. We sent it back again only for a "fresh" anemic and cold pair of duck dishes to be presented 30 minutes later. Really this is a disgrace from a supposedly top notch restaurant. Despite the superb location this is a business living on borrowed time.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 3, 2016

during a busy business trip with a tight schedule, we found ourselves unexpectedly free earlier than planned on the very last night. As oyster lovers, we were wondering if we might be able to find reservation in one of the places at the Ferry terminal or around Ocean Beach, but it was impossible. Driving back to our hotel in Berkeley, I remembered comments about Waterbar and since we were almost running into it when heading the Bay Bridge, we agreed to give it a try. I can only talk of one thing of the menu, oysters of course, and they were excellent. We tried a selection of assorted varieties with a bottle of nice sparkling wine and that alone provided for a wonderful evening ... views of the bay and specially the bridge are breath-taking. Attention was good despite our waiter being a little too invasive at times, and prices are reasonable all things considered ... a very good experience overall.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2016

I was here with business colleagues from Australia. Tasty seafood starter, chicken main and excellent russian river chardonnay. Superb views across the bay in the last light of the day. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

I made reservations here a week before a trip to San Francisco, and my husband, 13 year old son, and I had a lovely dinner on a Sunday night. The place was busy but we had a table in the main dining area. Even from the back of the room the view of the bay is amazing. The restaurant sits almost under the Oakland Bay bridge. I had the Chef'sChoice oysters and got two pair from Washington and a third pair from BC. They were $19 and came with all the typical sauces. My son's steak was delicious and he loved it $46. My husband's lamb was perfectly pink in the middle -another rave. Jesus waited on us, and he and several assistants kept us well tended. This really is a special place with great food and service. Advice: Go!

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

My hubby, sister in law and brother in law and I went to San Fran/Napa to celebrate my SIL 40th birthday. We chose waterbar bc of the rave reviews and the stunning view of the Bay Bridge. I will say, while the ambiance is top notch, the food leaves much to be desired as well as the service.

The bar area is great but does get packed. The cocktails were very tasty but as I mentioned service is lacking.

We were greeted by our server with the snotty attitude. He was extremely rude and condescending and acted like this place was the best place on earth. We are from Tampa and have one of the worlds best steakhouses (berns) so we are very familiar with aged steaks and fine seafood and dining. When we asked him a couple questions he answered in the awful rude tone.

I did mention on our experience to one of the reservationists and I believe he did address it bc they gave us complimentary champagne, an app and dessert. So overall the restaurant saved face and somewhat redeemed themselves, however for the pricing and hype, it's nothing to write home about.

It wasn't a terrible experience but by far not one of our best restaurant choices. The best thing was the view!