“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Waterbar

Waterbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Harrison
Description: Waterbar is located on the South end of Rincon Park on San Francisco's scenic Embarcadero. If you're looking for a San Francisco restaurant with a view, Waterbar features panoramic views of the Bay and San Francisco skyline serving the freshest seafood.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I chose to celebrate our anniversary with a "staycation" in downtown San Francisco. For the anniversary dinner, we chose the Waterbar because we were craving upscale seafood. We were not disappointed.

They have an incredibly impressive raw oyster selection. The crab corn soup must have been amazing because the woman at the table next to us ordered two! The peaches really made the ahi tuna tartar standout from any I've had anywhere else. My husband had the curried snapper which he enjoyed but I found that the curry overpowered the fish a bit. I had a very tasty pan seared pike, accompanied by one of the best fried green tomatoes ever!

Great wine selection as well.

We had to get to a show, so unfortunately we weren't able to stay for dessert. But overall, a wonderful meal. We'd certainly go again. Oh...and did I mentioned the fantastic views of the Bay Bridge?! We went on the early side but if you go after sunset, this would be a terrific vantage from which to see the Bay Lights show.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great Restaurant and awesome view make for a memorable evening.
On the pricey side but well worth visiting for seafood and the greatest oyster bar I have seen.
The wine list is very impressive one of the best

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Amazaing view over the bay bridge, and very good seafood. Had excellent service and the bar staff were really nice too. happily go back again. They also have a few very large fish tanks too (you can't eat those fish).

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My daughter and I were looking for something to do our first night in San Francisco. It was late and our hotel concierge suggested going here for a drink and enjoying the beautiful Bay Bridge. We are so glad we did. The drinks were wonderful, and the view was fantastic. This bridge lights up and is so pretty.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The seafood was fresh and tasty - the view of the Bay Bridge with its changing light patterns was spectacular. The service was slow but worth waiting for as the restaurant was packed. Book many weeks in advance.

1  Thank ESP-JHB