“Seafood experience”

Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Guelph, Canada
“Seafood experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was a restaurant that had a good rating on Trip Advisor. We were out sightseeing close to China Town and decided to see were it was. We stopped for lunch sat at the bar and had a great experience. This is a small place, looks more like a diner than a restaurant with lots of bar seating. You can watch your oysters being shelled and your food prepared to order. If you like seafood and fresh ingredients this is the place to come. I had the chowder and so far as we eat our way through SAN F. this was the best I have had. Good experience, and value for money.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, FL
“This was a VERY happy experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This restaurant has long been on my list of ones I wanted to patronize over many visits to San Francisco, but I never could seem to be in the right part of town to do so. In short, we finally decided to just take whatever the time required to drive there and park, since parking in the North Beach area is always a challenge. Wisely, we made reservations and allotted plenty of time to deal with dinner time traffic realities in this part of town. Was it worth it? You bet. Of all the meals I had in various area restaurants during the 7 days I was in the area this trip, this was the only one I would call memorable, all the better for being in one of the least pretentious restaurants I patronized.

We of course had their over the top good cioppino, plus an order of dabs (excellent until you tried the cioppino, which made the dabs taste totally bland by comparison) and some very good clam chowder. As good as all that was, what made the meal for me was the oyster shooters I had, complemented by adding Tabasco and horse radish. I ended up ordering a round for the table so everyone could see what I was raving about. Service was hilariously good, and the owner even stopped by to put bibs on us for eating the cioppino. For once, a restaurant really lived up to the hype, and all without breaking the bank. Easily 5 stars.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JAXers
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Get the Chiapinno”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stright up Chiapinno to die for. Get in and get seated. Sit back and enjoy. Bring a date because the pot is sized and priced for 2 or more. Enjoy :)

San Antonio, Texas
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had the Cioppino which was amazing! i have never had it before so i dont have anything to compare it to but we both loved it and hes not into seafood. I had the west coast and east coast oyters i got one of each just to see which one i liked. East coast it is :). I also had the salad which was basic. It took a while to get the check though. Good people there.

Lake Park, Florida
“Great Seafood with Linguine!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

After cold ride on tour bus Sotto Mare was an oasis of warmth! Sat at counter and watched the action. Ordered one seafood with garlic and oil, the other with red sauce. Then switched plates half way. Great food and service!