“All around great meal”

Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Pensacola, Florida
“All around great meal”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Atmosphere: Casual and loud, in a good way. Lots of seafood or fishing related decor, photos, etc. Dining area is a bit on the small side but we weren't too squished.

Service: Friendly and fast. We had to wait around 5-10 minutes for a table but we were offered wine while we waited. The owner (or manager?) personally came over to talk to us during our meal and asked us how our meal is. She is a wonderful lady.

Food: I ordered oysters as appetizers. They were fresh and were $1.50 each. I had the seafood risotto as my entree and it was fantastic. They definitely give you your money's worth in terms of seafood - they don't skimp on anything.

I will definitely be back next time I'm in the area.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Sotto Mare - a must visit!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I loved Sotto Mare.

I stopped in for a quick bite at this full of character eatery before starting the day. I had the BEST, bar none, cioppino I have ever had. It was wonderful - the sauce was fresh, the fish was perfect and the addition of al dente pasta was excellent. The oysters were fresh, sweet and perfectly briney. The bread was lovely - fluffy, soft and warm.

If you do not want to wait - go early. I arrived just as they opened, a little early for me but it ensured a seat and quick service.

Sotto Mare is a must-visit for the cioppino. Delicious!

• Visited December 2012
The Villages, Florida
“A little Gem in North Beach”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stopped by at noon recently and got seating outside.

Followed the waitress's recommendations and the two of us split a lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing followed by the best Cioppino I have ever had. The Cioppino is advertised as enough for 2 and it was. Full of crab, mussels, clams, scallops and fish and just the right amount of penne pasta in the pot. The sauce was excellent and if it was bottled I would have bought some to go.

Had a 1/2 carafe of house red with the meal.

Great service, amazing food. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank barbadoscruiser
Leuven, Belgium
“delicious and fresh sea food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had a risotto with sea-food, it was quite fresh and tasty. If you don't book, you may need to wait for a long time. But they serve wine at that point, if the weather is nice, you can enjoy your in their terrace.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Personality X10”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is a hidden rock star. I'll bet they have turn people away every night. We were one of the last parties to get a seat, and I'll admit...we had a long wait. But we had a little wine while we waited and by the time we were seated and had placed our order, we joined into a rousing round of American Pie with all of the other patrons. A party atmosphere, to be sure! But, we loved it and so did our 20 year old and her friend.

Visited May 2013