“I stop here everytime I'm in SFO” 4 of 5 bubbles

Boudin's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #13 of 133 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Colorado
“I stop here everytime I'm in SFO”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is without a doubt the best sourdough bread I've ever had. The lunch of clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl is my favourite. Thank goodness they do mail order, too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colonia, New Jersey
“Sourdough?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the place to find it. Right on the waterfront, stop in and then take home a bit of a SF legend.

Visited April 2013
Hayward
“Boudin's --- A "must"!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Any time I have been in San Francisco - a MUST do is Boudin's for their delicious clam chower in a sour dough bread bowl. Fantastic!!! My son loves the chili in a bread bowl, and my daughter-in-law's favorite is their tomato soup & grilled cheese! I've tried that also, and it is wonderful! My 8 month old Granddaughter was with us, and she loved chewing on a piece of the sourdough bread! We love the Boudin's on Pier 39, but it's fun to watch the bread making at the big bakery, too! Whenever anyone I know is planning a trip to San Francisco, and ask for recommendations for a place to eat - I always say - Boudin's!!!!

• Visited March 2013
ST. George, Utah
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been here 2 days... And eaten here 2 times! Yum! If you love soup, this is the place for you!

Lawrenceville, GA
“Sour dough waffles for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We decided to order breakfast at Boudin's just before taking the ferry to Alcatraz. We needed something quick, and were very pleasantly surprised to taste the fresh sour dough waffles with fruit and whipped cream that was made right in front of us as we waited. We took them out to the enclosed patio tables and enjoyed a San Francisco treat. Boudin's is not just baguettes - they also have other breakfast menu items like omelets and breakfast sandwiches. Limited choices, but good. Two days later I tried the French toast, and I was disappointed. Guess it was a little burned and heavy. Stick with the waffles.

Visited January 2013