“Delicious!”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been here 2 days... And eaten here 2 times! Yum! If you love soup, this is the place for you!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We decided to order breakfast at Boudin's just before taking the ferry to Alcatraz. We needed something quick, and were very pleasantly surprised to taste the fresh sour dough waffles with fruit and whipped cream that was made right in front of us as we waited. We took them out to the enclosed patio tables and enjoyed a San Francisco treat. Boudin's is not just baguettes - they also have other breakfast menu items like omelets and breakfast sandwiches. Limited choices, but good. Two days later I tried the French toast, and I was disappointed. Guess it was a little burned and heavy. Stick with the waffles.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The experience as a whole is great, don't get me wrong.

The ambiance is excellent, the factory looks beautiful and the animal shaped bread loafs are very cute.

I wasn't that impressed with the flavour. We tried:
-sour dough (I didn't like it by my husband did)
-brownie (ok)
-coconut pastry (good)
-almond macaroon (very good, would by again)
-some kind of berry square (neither of us liked it, we didn't finish it)

Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you like Sourdough, don't miss stopping at Boudin's for a snack or lunch.
Clam chowder or chilli in hollowed out sourdough roll (huge) is very tasty.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's a busy place and seating is hard to find but we found a table for two at lunch time just inside the doors. I ordered the crab cake sandwich which was not worth the $10.99 price. It was more cake than crab; just ordinary. However, my wife had the turkey avocado croissant sandwich (~$8.99) which she said was very good. Stick with the specialty of the house: clam chowder.

Boudin's is also a bakery where the kids can have a great time watching the bakers make animal figures out of the sour dough bread. There's a demonstration window right on the street which has a better view.