“Fabulous food, fabulous service - this is the place to go in chinatown”

Bund Shanghai Restaurant
Ranked #533 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Recommended by Michelin Restaurant Guide, San Francisco Examiner, and SF Weekly. Serve exquisite dumpling and noodle dishes. Great meat and seafood choices. Many vegetarian dishes as well. Open 7 days a week from 11:30 to 9:30.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the best Chinese food I have ever eaten. The steamed dumplings are the best I have ever eaten...and my husband said he has had steamed dumplings on three continents and these were the best he has ever had. The wonton soup was equally good, as were the main dishes. I had snow pea chicken..the snow pease were deliciously crunchy and the chicken nicely seasoned, sauce was very light. My husband had the Kung Pao chicken, which was great as long as you didn't eat the red hot peppers, which are brutal. The waiter was witty, warm and personable. It was a lovely, memorable evening. Beware the saki, however.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had an incredible meal and ordered five different dishes for dinner. All four of us had plenty to eat with a large container of left over soup for under $50. Everything was really delicious, but the rice cakes & the orange peel chicken were phenomenal! We all highly recommend Bund Shanghai!

3  Thank JeffnJulie
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had excellent food and service at Bund which is located in the heart of Chinatown. The atmosphere was great and it was very busy...which is always a good sign. We had the hot and sour soup, pork and cabbage spring rolls and the Shanghai fried thin noodles. All three were excellent and the bill came to just under $20 - can't beat that. Also, it gets a great score on Zagat.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ate here based on TA reviews. While it was okay, we felt we had better food in other restaurants.

maybe it was the choice I made! I did taste OH's and I thought his was far nicer. I felt my chicken tasted kind of fatty. I eventually picked out all my veg and ate that and the rice and left a lot of the chicken there.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had walked to Chinatown from our hotel and needed to eat dinner. We had no idea which one to choose, so when we saw Bund with its varied menu, we decided to eat there. We were brought hot green tea and a little dish of peanuts. Our party of 6 chose 3 basic dishes and egg rolls. We were surprised that steamed rice is not included with the meal. The food was good, but not the best I have ever had. I did not think the service was very good. We had to ask for forks, another place setting at the table and flag down the server several times.