“Felt Like You Were Eating at a Trattoria in Italia”
Review of Piazza Pellegrini

Piazza Pellegrini
Ranked #190 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Filbert St.
Transit: Union Street & Columbus Avenue (Muni) Mason Street & Filbert Street (Cable Car)
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Top notch! Food, ambiance, and staff were all amazing. My boyfriend and I lived in Italy for a few years and it is hard to find an Italian Restaurant in America that is on par with actual Italian food. We had an amazing waiter from Sicily who spoke with us and joked with us in Italian and made us feel at home. The food was amazing. I had the Gnocchi and it was just delicious. We sat outside with the church across the street and it was just a great, quiet, little meal. Perfect!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Found this little place a year ago while we were walking back to our hotel. Walked in off the street and loved it. We visited San Francisco again this year and decided to go back. Pelligrini is located in the North Beach neighborhood, and is as lively and authentic as the surroundings. There are many choices here but this is a winner. We shared a bottle of decently priced Cabernet and ordered the lasagna. "MMM..." Healthy portions served by a considerate waiter. The vibe at this restaurant is warm and cozy with a huge dose of Italian, fitting in nicely with the vibrant neighborhood!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Walking down the street and saw the menu board for Pelligrini with the lunch specials. The place looked appealing and had outdoor seating so we decided to try it. Glad we did. Food was great. I love linguini with clam sauce and theirs might be the best I have ever had. All three of my friends raved about their meals as well. Service was friendly. Prices were reasonable for San Francisco. Loved my meal so much I went back the next week again on business and ordered the same thing.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Found this place with three jet lagged kids after arriving from Australia. Great friendly service. The waiter engaged us all which kept us awake. The food was excellent too!

1  Thank StevoKayak
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I would recomend this restaurant if you are in the area. It has some very good food. I was with four other and all the food was recommended. I had the cioppino for the second time in a week, the first at Scomos. This one had most of the seafood still in the shells including the crab which made it a lot of work. In fact one diner had finished before I started eating. Everything was very fresh and good but Scomos won because they had a lot more seafood and the flavors had a lot more depth. The pasta was highly recommended.