“Fabulous Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Lion Service - Private Tours

Silver Lion Service - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: FLEXIBLE, FREESTYLE, FUN - Truly Customized Private Tours of the beautiful San Francisco area, California and beyond. Ideal for individual travelers and small groups for up to 6 guests. Let us create your personalized stress-free tour or select from a list of prepared yet dynamic tours. You name it and we can probably arrange it for you. Some popular tours are: "Wine Tasting", "Extended San Francisco", "Monterey and Carmel", Gold Country" "Yosemite", Muir Woods Redwoods". Excellent service, affordable rates. Fully licensed and insured. We strive to exceed your expectation and help making your San Francisco visit unforgettable.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent 6 fabulous hours with Dani our tour guide. He picked us up in front of the cruise terminal where our ship was docked, right on time. It was my Mom, Dad, husband and me. Dad is in a wheelchair and Dani was extremely attentive and kind. We saw all of the sites that one expects to see in San Francisco plus a lot more. Dani went out of his way to make sure Dad was comfortable and that he could see as much as he could from the car. Dani was extremely knowledgeable and he also showed us sites and celebrity houses (that on a normal tour) you would not see. The tour was very reasonable and the car was spacious. The wheelchair fit perfectly well in the back of the mini van. I cannot say enough good things about Dani and Silver Lion Tours. It was worth every penny and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. If you have a handicapped person with you, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed with this tour. Dani went out of his way to give us a fantastic tour!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Maryjaneg

Sussex, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Superb San Francisco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

What a fab day we had with Holger.

I chose Silver Lion Tours after seeing such fab reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed.

Holger arrived at our hotel with lots of enthusiasm and energy. He showed us all the main sites of San Francisco and some hidden treasures we wouldn't have found ourselves.

We had a very (unusually) foggy day so the Golden Gate Bridge was hidden so to compensate Holger took us to other areas to get great views if the city plus a quick trip to Sausalito.

We loved his little touches throughout the day - chocolates on the seat ready for us after exploring.

A truly fabulous day out which both I and my parents enjoyed.

Would highly recommend Holger if you want to see the best if San Francisco. I'd love to return one day!

Visited September 2013
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“better late than never”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our family spent 5 hours with Holger December 23, 2013. We have 4 children ranging in age from 18 to 6. Our day with Holger was the highlight of our trip even though it rained quite heavily the entire length of the tour. Holger was wonderful! He drove us all over San Francisco playing theme music to correspond with the areas we were touring. He drove us up and down the streets of San Francisco and made us feel like we were on a roller coaster...which delighted our 6 year old in particular! He was a great sport getting soaked in the rain along with us! He is such an interesting and knowledgable man and truly one of the nicest people we have ever met. I cannot recommend his service enough...he will make your trip to beautiful San Francisco very memorable!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank hoody3699
Cranston, Rhode Island
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome tour with a great guy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked a private tour with Silver Lion Tours for a party of four on the morning of disembarking a cruise ship from Alaska.  We couldn't have had a better time or met a more personable guide!

We were met as planned on the sidewalk in front of the port by our guide, Holger (he preferred "Roger", which does roll off the tongue much easier).  He arrived in a spacious mini-van which comfortably fit all of us and our luggage. As we had already spent three days in San Francisco before the cruise, we wanted to venture out to Muir Woods, Sausalito and Marin County.   Although Roger made suggestions and let us call the shots, we trusted him to choose several scenic locations for some fabulous views of San Francisco, the Bay and the ocean - some quiet locations not well-known to tourists.  The weather turned out postcard perfect, and we could not have had a better day.  Warm, sunny and nearly cloudless skies allowed for stunning views of the Bay, Golden Gate Bridge and surrounding areas.  Muir Woods was absolutely incredible - I could have easily spent the whole day there.

We had as much freedom as we wanted, spending as much or as little time as we wanted at each stop.  Split among the four of us, the $75/hour we spent was worth every penny, although we did go well over the four hours originally planned for.  There was so much to see, and since I like to visit a city with the mindset we may never be back, I like to squeeze in as much as possible into a day of touring.  Roger was friendly and personable, and shared his vast knowledge of the history of San Francisco and surrounding locations.  He even kept us supplied with snacks and delicious Belgian chocolates along the way.  And Roger, if you're listening, thanks for the special surprise at the final overlook.  It was a very special touch and a great way to end a wonderful tour.  The only thing I would suggest is perhaps a bottle of water to wash down those fantastic chocolates.

Visited August 2013
Allen, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Like the other reviewers, I cannot say enough about how great this service was. We had 3 kids aged 11, 10, and 8. My 8 year old was nervous about spending 4 hours on a tour (didn't know what to expect) and my husband was nervous that we would want "our space" and that we'd just be in the car looking out the windows bored for 4 hours. Both were VERY wrong. We had a complete blast - Holger has such a fun personality and made the trip so enjoyable for everyone. Hit all of the sites we had requested plus a few extra based on his experiences which we all enjoyed. Now whenever we discuss our time in San Francisco, my 10 year old speaks fondly of going up & down the hills with Holger. All of the kids were laughing & smiling throughout our day. A fantastic time & I just couldn't recommend this enough.

Visited July 2013