“Once in a while you GOTTA HAVE ONE!”
Review of Kara's Cupcakes

Kara's Cupcakes
Ranked #54 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Marina District
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I love cakes...and cupcakes at Kara's even better! My daughter and I cannot really have too many of these delightful and savory creations. Although on the expensive side, you pay for what you get! Couldn't afford a daily cupcake addiction!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

So I was strolling along being a tourist and ran across this quaint shop - mind you, I have never been to a cupcake shop before, but was in the mood for a little snack before dinner. I have heard the cupcake hype and watched cupcake wars on the food channel etc. but never made it a point to go to a cupcake shop. Well I was pleasantly surprised the cupcakes were only $3.25 each - I was expecting like $4.50 or so (considering what the pretzel places are charging these days). Compared to home baking it is a steep price, but after tasting the Banana Caramel - no way I could come close to this at home. Definitely a great spot for sweet treat. The lady behind the counter was super too as she described all the flavors for me.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to Kara's located near Fisherman's Wharf. We enjoyed the carrot cake, fleur de sel, chocolate peanut butter and lemon. All were moist and yummy! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am not much of a cupcake fan, but these cupcakes are incredible. It's all local ingredients so they told me that they probably won't expand much more beyond the Bay area than they already are. My favorite is the Passion Fruit and Organic Strawberry. But they are all good!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Fresh, delicious and can't be beat. UNLIKE the famous Magnolia Bakery and others in NYC (that I knew well growing up), Kara's has solved the mysterious cake to frosting ratio. There is a perfect balance here and great representation of flavors. Try the dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt. It is HEAVENLY! I also like that they have minis available, so you can try a few without buying too much for one person. Yum!