“Excellent ice cream said by italian people”
Review of Gelateria Naia

Gelateria Naia
Ranked #41 of 142 Dessert in San Francisco
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Great ice cream... That's it! We are italian and love ice cream... It seemed to be at home! Come and taste!

There are newer reviews for Gelateria Naia

Reviewed April 23, 2013

By Italian standards, 1) this feels and tastes like gelato (and not what is usually sold as a fake Italian ice cream), 2) it's fresh and made on a daily basis, 3) both cream- and fruit-flavors are reliable and tasty. A bit expensive, but one step above the other ice cream parlors in the Bay area (including over-rated ones such as bi-rite...).

Reviewed April 21, 2013

They are very nice about letting you sample the flavors; I think I tried 6 or 8 before finally settling on my two (roasted banana and pistachio). Each one I tried tasted very strongly and naturally flavored of the thing that it was. That wasn't always a good thing (the rose flavor was so floral it kind of made my head hurt), but I appreciated the quality. The pistachio was amazing - you could really tell that it was made from all pistachios, with no substitutions of almonds or flavoring extracts.Then I took a seat at a table which had a card on it explaining how you could tell a really good gelateria by the quality of their pistachio gelato, because the good ones only use all pistachios! So I got to enjoy great gelato and the experience of having my judgement validated :-)

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

we had sampled a couple different favors, all equally amazing but the chocolate orange won! If we lived here I'd be there every day to try a new flavor!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We happened upon this gelateria as we were strolling through the neighborhood. The gelato here is so delicious....rivals some of the best gelaterie in Florence and Bologna. The staff was super-nice, providing us with tastes of the various flavours so we could finally make a choice. I would definitely recommend stopping by after a nice lunch or for a mid-afternoon snack.